The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Seriously Stupid SA Government

Seriously Stupid SA Government

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Can't seem to find the "story" anywhere? ttbn how about a link so we can read the details. Not worth taking on your say so.

JB since you are now the Forum moderator, how about you drop me an Email with your concerns about my posts.

I don't think Indy can tell the difference between 0.02% and 0.2% just a factor of 10. Well Indy is good at making up percentages, just like he claims to know how people vote.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 24 January 2020 12:31:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

Yes, I think it is a perfect example of the disconnect between the city and the bush, and the total lack of control by elected representatives over a fixed, unelect public service over which the electorate has no influence. There doesn't seem to much point in voting for people who ensure us that they are there to help us, but then appear to have no authority to do that.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 24 January 2020 12:54:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nothing from ttbn to substantiate this "story", could it be a figment of his imagination? What do the hard right like to call it, fake news. It seems ideal fodder for some of the 'Usual Suspects' to get their rocks off with in the conservative echo chamber. Yep, ideal material to attack Labor, public servants, all those they despise.

But if it was in the news, I'm sure ttbn would provide a link, not done so far.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 24 January 2020 5:57:44 PM
just like he claims to know how people vote.
Paul1405,
I do & I can prove it. Intelligent & responsible people vote Conservative !
Posted by individual, Friday, 24 January 2020 8:42:17 PM
Paul,

If you had read "I heard this morning a woman living on Kangaroo Island saying that…..", you would not be calling for a 'substantiating reference'. I was listening to local commercial radio. Just how do you propose that I 'prove' something I heard to you? Let's say that I could go to the radio station, get the woman's name, contact her, and ask her for a statutory declaration that what she said was true, how would I get the proof to you? An anonymous doubter, living who knows where, who wouldn't believe it anyway.

If you think that I made up the story, that's fine. No skin off my nose, but it certainly shows that you are off your rocker. Trying to howl me and other posters down, as you do all the time, won't help you with your obvious inadequacies.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 24 January 2020 10:38:14 PM
ttbn, surprisingly such a news worthy story does not seem to be in the mainstream media, yet it would be ideal material for the Murdoch gutter press. I don't know which one of your favourite shock jocks you were tuned into at the time, but its not beyond them to invent a story like that which is lapped up by the like minded listeners. The story has all the elements that would appeal to someone such as yourself.

So, its not reasonable to question a story you present? I'm sure any unsubstantiated story on my part would soon be questioned by you, or one of the other crusty old forumites.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 24 January 2020 11:19:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy