The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Global warming garbage.

Global warming garbage.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30
  13. ...
  14. 84
  15. 85
  16. 86
  17. All
ttbn, there's something about this Max guy that I can't quite put my finger on, but I have had my suspicions about him, and I think he is hiding more than his name, but I agree with you, his name gives us a speculative look at who he bats for.
His language and info are too well rehearsed, and he pushes too bloody hard as if he is under instructions from a higher source.
As I have said before, if you have to push/sell something so hard, it means it's not what it is purported to be, it therefore needs hard sell to convince the ones who do not believe or find it hard to believe what they are trying so hard to sell.
He does not FEEL like one of us.
By 'one of us', I mean he sounds too familiar and knowledgeable about this topic, on a higher than domestic or social level.
I have my suspicions and as usual will put him on my 'watch' list, basically putting together info or bio on him as I do with things I wish to know more about.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 4 January 2020 5:04:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
From the scientist that set up the first computer Climate model.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHhDxRuTkI

Oceans release Methane as well as CO2.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 4 January 2020 5:19:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I certainly do not "KNOW" for certain that ADW is not real.
What does seem to be real is the historical warming that occurs every
250 to 300 years.
Could it be that both AGW and the historical warming are occurring at
the same time ? What affect would that have ? Additive ?
The last peak in Historical warming must have been around the 15th or
16th century and the current one is thought to be around 1995 +-.
The last cool period was in the end of 18th century.
The next cool period would be in about 300 years time.
Because of the cycles within cycles the period could be different every cycle.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 4 January 2020 5:30:54 PM
GUYS, Josephus has linked a video on you tube that pretty much debunks all this CO2 is bad, mantra.
This scientist says that CO2 is a good thing and will help green the earth.
So what's the problem?
I'd like others to watch the video too.
I watched most of it, got bored, but not before I heard him say that CO2 was of itself, NOT a bad thing, in fact quite the opposite.
I can't remember all the details but, it will give the denialists another leg up to a higher rung in this on-going boring battle of twits.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 4 January 2020 5:45:56 PM
TTBN,
Oh no, a Denier called me a Shyster. Boo hoo the internet hurt my feelings today!

You’re a climate denier BY quoting the stupid mantra you just repeated without thinking. Suggestion? Don’t take so many paragraphs next time. Just say “Climate’s changed before y’all” and then spit your tobacco wad into the old western spittoon next to your grandpappy’s rocker on your redneck ranch veranda.

Has the climate changed before? YES.
Do the IPCC know that? YES.
Have they studied what NATURALLY changed the climate before? YES.
So is today’s warming NATURAL? NO!
Is today’s warming good news? For a few places, yes. But for the overwhelming majority of global ecosystems and economy, NO!

“Climate’s changed before y’all!” is the number one most red-neck, unthinking kneejerk reaction from postcode-Dumb, Dumb-town, Dumb-land!

Here you go — you’re the winner!

(If by ‘winner’ I mean most cliché boring dumbass climate Denier I’ve met today. But 15 years of debating you people has taught me you’re all so friggin PREDICTABLE and BORING!)

http://skepticalscience.com/climate-change-little-ice-age-medieval-warm-period.htm

http://skepticalscience.com/humans_survived_previous_changes.html

What you SHOULD do is finish the sentence!

“Climate’s changed before y’all, and nearly wiped out life on this here planet! So the answer? Go NUKULAR!”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction_event#Global_warming

Then I’d be happy and call you my redneck brother.
Posted by Max Green, Saturday, 4 January 2020 6:05:32 PM
Getting shrill aren't they ?
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 4 January 2020 6:49:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. 26
  9. Page 27
  10. 28
  11. 29
  12. 30