The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Global warming garbage.

Global warming garbage.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29
  13. ...
  14. 84
  15. 85
  16. 86
  17. All
TTBN,
Technically that’s correct, as the western world are guilty of GENERATIONS of ignoring the climate warnings given Time Magazine warned us in 1956 https//tinyurl.com/sy3f2sy
And the Bell Telephone company Science Hour warned us in 1958! (2 minutes).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-AXBbuDxRY&t=4s

I don’t think we’re blaming ScoMo for the fires, but for his CONTINUAL denial of climate change causing the conditions that are making these fires so record breaking and awful! We’re blaming him and his government for FUTURE fires that will dwarf today’s fires. We’re blaming him for Adani, the NSW Liberal government for approving individual coal mines that collectively will dwarf Adani, and for the general air of climate inaction and old-man-denial that so characterises the Liberal government.

And given what I’ve been reading about the ecological responses to bad burns, we might be blaming ScoMo for bad ‘fuel load management’ as The Greens may actually have some science behind NOT wanting to burn certain areas for certain specific ecological reasons and future scrub growth that can make future fires even WORSE, not better!

Science and ecology: tricky and counter-intuitive things sometimes! Not as easy as sitting in your armchair channelling old-man-grumpy vibes that sound like old-wives-tales the more you click your Ruby Slippers together and chant "There's no climate change! There's no climate change!" Slow down there Dorothy, and learn some science. Your ruby slippers aren't working.
Posted by Max Green, Saturday, 4 January 2020 1:33:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALTRAV,

I go out of my way to avoid bogans and I expect bogans to reciprocate.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 4 January 2020 1:33:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
TIME MAGAZINE 1956: ONE BIG GREENHOUSE

Since the start of the industrial revolution, mankind has been burning fossil fuel (coal, oil, etc.) and adding its carbon to the atmosphere as carbon dioxide. In 50 years or so this process, says Director Roger Revelle of the Scripps Institution of Oceanography, may have a violent effect on the earth’s climate...

...They will try to find out whether the CO2 blanket has been growing thicker, and what the effect has been. When all their data have been studied, they may be able to predict whether man’s factory chimneys and auto exhausts will eventually cause salt water to flow in the streets of New York and London.

So Deniers, the "Climate Conspiracy" has been running for 64 years and counting! This "Conspiracy" you believe in has got to dwarf James Bond's Spectre? (That's it: I'm investing in a Tinfoil hat because I don't want that Thar Guv-ern-myant to Mind Control my ass!)
Posted by Max Green, Saturday, 4 January 2020 1:40:06 PM
Max Green,

Why do you and some others keep talking about climate change 'deniers'. I don't deny that the climate is changing. I recognise climate change when I say it's not the cause of bushfires. I don't know anyone who denies climate change: the climate is always changing - naturally.

I think that we are going to have start calling you lefties 'history deniers'. Just because something has happened only once in your lifetime doesn't mean it hasn't happened before. Anyone with an understanding of Australia before and after European settlement understands that bushfires can’t be prevented. The evidence of history shows that Australia recovers from drought and fire and flood. But there is a tendency among alarmists who disregard history to project today’s misfortune into the future, believing that they will get worse because things have warmed gradually in their own short lifetimes.

Even the IPCC doesn't connect climate change, fires and drought. Warmist Dr. Will Steffen denies any connection.

I'm fascinated by your moniker, Max Green. Maximum greenie? You have a shady namesake: an Australian shyster lawyer and embezzler, murdered in Cambodia.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 4 January 2020 4:03:23 PM
Just remembered reading something about this a while back.

In November 2010, German economist and IPCC official Ottmar Edenhofer
stated that climate policy has almost nothing to do anymore with
environmental protection. He admitted that the world climate summit in
Cancun in December 2010 was actually an economy summit during which
the distribution of the world’s resources were to be negotiated.
Edenhofer brazenly told Germany's NZZ Online that, "We redistribute
de-facto the world's wealth by climate policy."

I did a google on his name and found a lot of references to his
revealing statement.

I know some will reject it saying he only a member of the IPCC and
they have some sort of agenda.
Of course thinking about it, it makes sense, it is not possible to
affect the amount of co2 in the air while China and India are burning so much !
Read it anyway.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 4 January 2020 4:17:06 PM
Please note the bush fire emergency was declared on November 12th from fires lit on 9/11. Sound familiar? What does 9/11 suggest about political arsonists? Latest arsonists emerge from bush in Georges Hall.

From Wikipedia, On 12 November 2019, catastrophic fire danger was declared in the Greater Sydney region for the first time since the introduction of this level in 2009 and a total fire ban was in place for seven regions, including Greater Sydney. The Illawarra and Greater Hunter areas also experienced catastrophic fire dangers and other parts of the state, including the already fire ravaged parts of northern New South Wales. The political ramifications of the fire season have been significant.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 4 January 2020 5:04:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29