The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Religious Discrimination Act.

Religious Discrimination Act.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Can I pop my head up?
This new bill, will it give me the right to not believe any God ever existed?
If not why not?
We are told thirty percent mark no religion on their poll papers do we then have rights?

Say as much as cults?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 11 December 2019 3:32:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yuyutsu,
where is the sense in creating us as we are & then ask us to curb our desires at every turn ?
For 2000 years now we've been told that the bad will be dealt with. Why does God tolerate so much bad ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 11 December 2019 3:37:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

«This new bill, will it give me the right to not believe any God ever existed?»

No bill in the world can give you something that you already have!

---

Dear Individual,

«where is the sense in creating us as we are & then ask us to curb our desires at every turn?»

Excellent question.

Desires do not attack you all at once or by accident, nor are you created with them - you need to dwell on a particular thought for a while and nourish it a number of times before it grows into a desire. When still small it is very easy to shrug off a desire, but the longer you nourish it, it becomes more sticky and painful to remove.

Desires have consequences: if you fail to fulfill them you become angry, then you become upset and lose your balance, subsequently your memory and intellect falter, betray you and you face a great fall.

You are not required to curb all your desires and certainly not at every turn, but watch out before they turn into anger. Also watch out not to try to fulfill your desires at the expense of others, that too will give you pain. There are valid ways to fulfill desires, but for that you need patience and wisdom. Asking for God's help is useful for gaining the necessary patience and wisdom.

«For 2000 years now we've been told that the bad will be dealt with.»

This is declared in the Hindu tradition for much longer than 2000 years because the bad are indeed being dealt with, whether in their current or in subsequent lifetimes. Actually it's the bad, by their own conscience, rather than God, who deal themselves miserable circumstances.

«Why does God tolerate so much bad ?»

Only that much that you can handle.
Pain is a necessary ingredient in motivating us to grow. You cannot do completely without it, but the wise can minimize it. Everyone (belief in God's existence is not required) can shelter in God and ask for the wisdom to minimize the pain.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 11 December 2019 6:14:24 PM
The new bill is a wreck looking for its rock
We do not even know what it says, but we know the people behind it Morrison in my view is no Christian
Any bill to give religious rights gives rights too to Scientoledgy, to those cults that claim to be Churches
To Islamic faith and jewish, trying to protect all these, without harming someone is hard work
No joy in saying this, but a truth the Roman Catholic Church, is hideing and protecting pedophils
My childhood in a strong Christian home [not Catholic] saw me consider them Super Christians
How did the Christ I once loved become a Conservative?
How does millionaire Churches like the Prime Ministers, forget Christs love for the poor
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 12 December 2019 5:53:25 AM
How did the Christ I once loved become a Conservative?
Belly,
Are you surprised considering what the Progressives did to him ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 12 December 2019 7:52:48 AM
Trump is certainly no Christ like figure. The democrats however very much resemble Judas Iscariot. They are they biggest corruptors of power that America has seen.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 12 December 2019 9:11:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy