The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Morrison Government Could Dump Paris Agreement In 2020-21

Morrison Government Could Dump Paris Agreement In 2020-21

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Hey Aiden,

"Then it's already a case of garbage in garbage out, because you're starting with a false assumption."

Call me dumb if you want, but I honestly don't understand how it's a false assumption.

Whether you produce a product or provide a service;
Surely increased energy costs will result in increased production costs.
Increased fuel costs will increase the cost of transporting said product;
Or the costs of any kind of service to a consumer.

Think about a car for example;
That means every single component costs more to make and ship.
- Before it's even assembled -

Tell me a product or service that wont cost more with increased transport and energy costs?

And that lowers the profitability of everything we export and also means some things become non-viable to export; which therefore then contributes to a trade deficit.

How do we make the nation more competitive in relation to other countries if it's not popular to lower wages?

The only way is to lower transport and energy costs.

If we removed these added 'climate' costs and lowered the governments take of fuel tax we'd increase our exports and create jobs, and have a leg up on all the other fools with their climate ball and chains, and we'd get the cash to fix the problems before anyone else could afford to.

Look I'm no economist, I honestly don't even understand the most basic stuff.
I really need to spend some time on http://www.investopedia.com/
They have some good educational tools, so I'm told.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 23 October 2019 2:27:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Without the two greatest emitters i.e. the US and China committing to reductions the Paris agreement is worthless.

Notably, Australia is pretty much one of the best achievers so far.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 23 October 2019 6:21:55 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

I was joking about Israel, hence the :) sign. You have nothing to apologise for. But, where did you hear anout Israel running the world?
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 23 October 2019 7:19:25 AM
I came upon an incredible concept used quite extensively in the 40's, 50's and 60's.....it' was referred to as 'turn it off if you're not using it'...
That concept alone kept energy bills down quite considerably....
The other concept was ' if you can't afford to run it don't buy it'... of course these were referred to as 'common sense' concepts of the day, an attitude long discarded and replaced with 'make it cheaper because I want, I want'
Posted by Special Delivery, Wednesday, 23 October 2019 10:55:18 AM
Back on topic.

Pigs might fly. They definitely will before Morrison does anything as serious as dumping Paris. He is a vote buys as much as Shorten tried to do, but with slightly better policies. He would never have the guts to do anything drastic, even if he knew it was the best thing to do.

Fact is I believe, he is just dumb enough to actually believe the global warming myth, & probably honestly believes CO2 is the mother of all evil.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 23 October 2019 12:48:57 PM
'Fact is I believe, he is just dumb enough to actually believe the global warming myth, & probably honestly believes CO2 is the mother of all evil.'

he did take a piece of coal into Parliament Hasbeen. You might be largely right but give him some credit.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 23 October 2019 1:45:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All