The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Morrison Government Could Dump Paris Agreement In 2020-21

Morrison Government Could Dump Paris Agreement In 2020-21

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
runner,
I'm not trying to kill the messenger; I'm speaking the truth.
I refer you again to answers that I've already given, which you've chosen to ignore:

From the "Australia’s Liberal Party no longer ‘liberal’" thread:
Considering the lies Trump's told, why don't you think he deserves contempt?
Have you forgotten that Christians are meant to be on the side of truth?

And from the "Losing control of affordable reliable power" thread:
t's bad enough that you've let your own ideology blind you in one eye, but it's worse that you've let somebody else's ideology blind you in the other! How much longer will you keep spreading the neocons' "gw religion" lie?

Open your eyes up! The evidence for anthropogenic global warming is clear, the evidence agains it is non existent, and as Christians we should care about the consequences of our actions.

Don't be fooled by simplistic explanations; always look for the truth.
For example, it's true that the price of electricity has risen substantially in the last decade. But that has very little to do with renewables. There are three much greater factors at play here:
• Spending on poles and wires has risen substantially, and a lot of it has been inefficiently planned and inefficiently funded.
• Power company profit margins have gone up.
• The price of gas went up enormously (partly due to domestic consumers paying international prices after gas companies in eastern Australia started exporting, and partly because of a rise in demand) so users are paying more for electricity when some of it's being generated from gas, which is most of the time.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 11:36:34 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC,

Zero emissions is an impossibility. Only suckers in the West believe in it, particularly ignorant kiddies like Greta Thunderbox. Carbon dioxide will always be with us. Every living human being and animal emits the stuff.

Apart from scrapping the Paris Agreement, we should also cut ties with the corrupt UN, which does nothing for Australia, and criticises us non-stop
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 11:43:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Armchair,
>What the hell does 'zero net emissions' mean anyway?
It means taking more CO2 out of the atmosphere than we put in.

>Seems to me the only way to achieve that is if we're all dead.
That's zero gross emissions, which nobody is calling for.

>The current approach is to cut back on emissions, or back off;
>which has the inevitable result of destroying the economy
That claim is IDIOTIC!
There are a few dinosaurs on this board who I'd expect such a claim to come from, but I'm a bit surprised. to hear it from you.

It does not destroy the economy. It does not even threaten to destroy the economy.
It threatens some parts of the economy, but boosts others. And even the threatened parts of the economy can often survive and even thrive by innovating.

>and we'll never be able to afford moving to the better greener technology.
We can ALREADY afford moving to the better greener technology!
Indeed not only can we afford to do so, but we can benefit from doing so.
But many people are so enthralled by the coal industry that they can't see that.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 11:53:11 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Surprising how many people have not heard that there is a different
explanation for the warming of the last 2 or 3 hundred years.
To misquote somebody; "It is the Sun Stupid".

The reduction in the number of co2 believers might well be explained by
Svenmark and others. The next few years should be interesting to watch.
At least it answers some questions that the current theories go not.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 12:31:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan you continue to make these bold statements with not a single piece of evidence to support them. Obviously you accept all the global warming scam garbage, & probably believe that global warming makes it cold.

I can't believe anyone who has looked at the continual failure of the scam promoters to get their predictions anywhere near right, & continually have each new bit of research they promote shot down with in days, can still fall for this rubbish.

It must be an eyes wide shut business, or you would see the truth.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 12:44:26 PM
Bszz,
The problem with the "it's the sun" explanation is that observations have shown it isn't.
See http://skepticalscience.com/solar-activity-sunspots-global-warming.htm

You seem to think climate science is stuck in the 20th century, But it's moved on a long way since then, and solar variations are not ignored.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hasbeen, is there really any point in my posting evidence for you? Can you honestly say you don't reject all the evidence that doesn't fit your predetermined conclusions?

>Obviously you accept all the global warming scam garbage
On the contrary, I accept the science and reject all the global warming scam garbage that you always fall for hook line and sinker!

>& probably believe that global warming makes it cold.
I understand how (by altering ocean currents in the North Atlantic) global warming can make Europe cold despite average global temperatures rising. Would I be correct in thinking that's something you don't understand?

>I can't believe anyone who has looked at the continual failure of the scam promoters
>to get their predictions anywhere near right, & continually have each new bit of
>research they promote shot down with in days, can still fall for this rubbish.
Great irony there: an accurate description of your own behaviour, and you still can't believe it!
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 22 October 2019 6:11:33 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All