The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28
  13. 29
  14. All
Dear Foxy,

Yes very interesting especially now that ScuMo has come out in open support of America's position against China during his visit to the US. I don't think Xi and the boys are very happy with old ScuMo anymore and I think China will now ramp up its presence in the Indo-Pacific region to the detriment of Australia's strategic interests. It will be interesting to watch and see to what extent little Gladys Liu becomes the pawn in the bigger game of international politics.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 23 September 2019 12:32:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Mr O do not disappoint me!
Unlike some I see intelligence in your posts but how did you arrive at that?
The view Scomo took Trumps side on China
Do not get me wrong, I think he is mini me to Trump
But he walked a fine line reminded me at least all sides here must do just that
IF we lost China right now as a trading partner we would be a banana Republic with an instant lower standard of living than ever before
Posted by Belly, Monday, 23 September 2019 3:35:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

I have been following ScuMo's speeches and comments in the US with interest and my interpretation of what he has done is that of throwing in his lot with the US in its stand against China. I've been studying things like history and sociology for almost half of my life and to me it's not grey, it's clearly black and white. I'm now waiting to see how China reacts to ScuMo's visit and his obvious over the top friendship with Trump. I don't think the Chinese like it and I think they will react sooner than later.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 23 September 2019 4:04:07 PM
Dear Mr Opinion,

Despite The US President's over the top welcome
of our PM in Washington, our PM was very careful
in what he said and did. He trod a very diplomatic
and careful line and even the US President admitted
that our PM was not a push-over but a man made of
titanium.

China needs us and our trade. As we need them.
I'm sure that they will be careful in their actions,
as will our PM. That was made clear in his US visit.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 23 September 2019 7:40:43 PM
Dear Foxy,

I think it was obvious that he has shown that he is committed to the US and is ready to stand with America against China. He had to because Trump had him over a barrel and apparently according to one news commentator Pompeo even came out with it, asking ScuMo to commit to the US.

Now he has to come back to Australia and explain to China why he has thrown his weight behind the US. He didn't once bring up the idea that China and the US should settle their differences and end the trade war. But he did say that China should cease hiding behind the excuse of being a developing nation and should concede in using that excuse to gain a trade advantage over the US.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 23 September 2019 8:09:41 PM
Dear Foxy,

PS Trump had ScuMo running around as his lackey and to show the world that Trump was the master and that Australia would be doing the bidding of the US in its dispute with China. I think Trump's message to ScuMos would be something like 'Thanks for coming, now go home and tell China whose side you're on.'
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 23 September 2019 8:21:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. 28