The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

Gladys Liu - Are the Questions justified?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29
  13. All
Dear Mr Opinion,

I think we shall have to agree to disagree on
our PM's behavior in Washington.

To me Mr Morrison behaved very diplomatically.
He said that Australia was keen that America
and China settle the tit-for-tat trade dispute
which is imperilling global growth but he said
that Trump was attempting to safeguard important
principles and set new benchmarks that would
ultimately "put global trade on a stronger
footing".

Very diplomatic.

And the US President returned the comment that -
"China wants to make a deal. I think we want to
make a deal. We'll see what happens."

Our PM is nobody's lackey.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 23 September 2019 8:31:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

Take a look at what ScuMo is saying on today's news. I think it validates what I am saying,
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 24 September 2019 6:15:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Foxy and Mr O,

I believe the fundamental difference between Labor and The Coalition on foreign policy as it relates to the United States post WWII is the notion of Australia's roll, and what obligations we have to American dictates. The Coalition has always very much seen us as a subordinate, obligated to take orders from Captain America. Labor on the other hand is a little more independent, believing we have the right to a free decision with the right to choose an alternate position, although our position will often be siding with America, but occasionally it could be something else.
The Coalition approach works fine when there is no possibility of any kind of fallout for not choosing the position of the sycophant. In this China/America issues there could be severe consequences for Australia should we side with the US, and take a belligerent attitude to the Chinese.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 24 September 2019 10:01:51 AM
Dear Paul1405,

I am interested to know if the CIA briefed ScuMo on what they have on Gladys Liu and my gut feeling is that they did and that she will be asked to go when ScuMo returns to Australia. Interesting times ahead.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Tuesday, 24 September 2019 10:38:55 AM
Mini me [Scomo to you] needs no help, he like most Tory leaders remains on his knees when talking to any American POTUS
He may regret that if he continues parroting another country's policy's [we however know he has no policy's of his own]
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 24 September 2019 12:04:30 PM
I think we should all just wait and see what
happens next. My gut feeling is that Gladys
Liu will not be the Liberal candidate for
Chisholm at the next election. She will quietly
disappear from politics then - if not sooner.

As for the US and China? I think the results of the
US elections next year will be interesting.
In the meantime - our PM needs to tread carefully.
His future and that of his party's depends on
the stance he will continue to take.

More and more people are becoming dissatisfied with the
way the Coalition is currently performing. There is a
lot of criticism being heard.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 24 September 2019 2:00:53 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 23
  7. 24
  8. 25
  9. Page 26
  10. 27
  11. 28
  12. 29