The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > God, reaching out to Muslims... TODAY...

God, reaching out to Muslims... TODAY...

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Boaz David I am not your enemy, one day we may well have that coffee, but lets not turn in into a street corner preaching thing mate.
Yes I am one of those cynical fellows you speak of, once lost now found in my view I found reality.
Found man is truly great, truly has invented great things and great ideas.
Including so very many Gods I even see one of our inventions every time it rains in the rainbow.
I in no way want to stop you expressing your views but to tell us others must find only your God so very often is boring.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 August 2007 7:31:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Ginx.... please always remember *you can change the chanel* :)

Nobody grabs your fingers and makes them go 'click' on threads originated by me. But I'm glad you do interact, it provides learning opportunities for me for sure.

It seems that your primary objection to what I post at times (specially if it contains material of an 'evangelistic' nature) is that you simply disagree that there is any possibility of there being some kind of reliable truth from the Almighty available for us.

You surely would not deny me the opportunity to share my core values here ....would you ? If you disagree that there is such a thing as revealed truth from our Creator, thats fine, I certainly cannot change you, so why feel so threatened and annoyed ?

The simple fact that you go after me is indicative that you feel 'your' view of life is in fact superior to mine..speaking on an purely human level. If this were not the case, you would not be trying to shut me up on my own threads.

Its not like I'm going to hunt you down and berate you to your face for not believing in 'my' God... not a chance, so.. take it easy mate.

PALE :) your kind words are always valued. But I do certainly wish to convey the biblical Gospel to any who will listen. This does suggest any personal superiority, it just means that I have realized my own need, and in the light of an experience of personal renewal, I want to share that with others. It DOES suggest though, that I believe the Gospel of Christ is indeed something we should take seriously, but I seek to deliver it in as loving a way as possible. If people don't agree, then they should not in the least feel threatened,-after all, I did have a very friendly meeting with my 'arch rival' FH :)

BELLY. No..ur not my enemy, never thought of you that way. Cheers
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 5 August 2007 9:39:28 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boazy: "If you ever wondered why the Christian Gospel spread without sword, army, hurting, threats, or power...."

Garbage. Have you never heard of the Crusades, the Inquisition, the Conquistadors etc etc?

Actually Ginx, old Boazy's toned down his act on OLO lately. While his missionary line is painful, it's nothing compared to his homophobic and Islamophobic rabble-rousing rants.
Posted by CJ Morgan, Sunday, 5 August 2007 10:22:16 AM
Boaz, you are getting desperate. You just don't stop to question anything, do you?

This video is pure propaganda.

It has a man stating that he actually saw Jesus. Do you believe this to be literally true? Of course you don't.

So, ask yourself, what was this doing in a "news" item.

Ah, of course! It wasn't a news item in the sense that most people understand, it was a puff piece from CBN, a Christian web site. It's beginning to make sense now.

This web site is full of "news". Here's what it says about the latest Harry Potter movie:

"In the Bible, the word witchcraft also means rebellion against God. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix takes this literally. Not only does it teach that it’s okay to use witchcraft to defeat evil, it also explicitly teaches that breaking the rules can be exciting. The movie also has a neo-Pelagian view of good and evil. In that view, you don’t need God’s help to overcome the evil within you. All you have to do is learn how to choose the good on your own using mere willpower<<

I would say that this might be one of those sites that takes itself just a little too seriously, wouldn't you?

But it does have some handy stuff too. Like a really neat-o online prayer system:

"Online Prayer Requests

Take a moment now to send us your prayer request. What is the nature of your prayer request? (Select a category.)

* Salvation for myself
* Salvation for a loved one
* Healing
* Finances
* Family
* Emotions
* Drugs/Alcohol
* Sexual Problems
* Suicide
* Other"

I guess it's good to know that God is up with technology. Must make it a lot easier handling all those prayers, too, having them all in one email intray.

Boaz, do you believe any of that stuff? Then why do you get sucked in by a "news item" from the same source?
Posted by Pericles, Sunday, 5 August 2007 2:17:51 PM
David
Sure I understand you are doing what you do.
Now your not going to like this but if the cap fits.
How come all your Godly mates have turned their backs on ANY leadership or responsibilty towards Gods Creatures Animals.

Until the churches stand up and speak out i will continue to bag them LOUDLY.
None of the polys will speak out because hey are OWNDED by the Australian Media.
The media gaints are live animal exporters.
Shame on the Churches and our WEAK leaders. Especially the milky bar kid who ought to be doing all he can asleader of the opposition.

Tell you what I believe David.
When the lord decides to come back to earth it will be also because hes had enough of seeing how we treat Gods Creatures.
In the mean time we have karma. Such as bird flue and other diseases that are capable of wipeing out millions.
Diseases that are born from cruel intensive fariming practises madeby man.
I reckon the lord got it wrong. He ought to have put the Animals in charge.
Then again maybe he has.
The words eye for an eye come to mind.
The enermy is strong Davo. When it arrives on our shores Australians should remember they will be driven by Australias cruel supply of meat to overeas by sending them ALIVE.
After all Australia is the laregest exporter oflive Animals in the world.
I am sure the Lord gets that too!
Shame on All Churches who remain silent about the barbaric treatment of our Animals.
Especially our so called God Following polys.
Family first indeed. What a joke!
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 5 August 2007 6:00:49 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Palif... thanx for sharing that. I do appreciate you are passionate about this issue. I wish I could do a Harry Potter so to speak and instantly make it all 'ok', but.. I cannot. I think you would highly benefit from a viewing of the Movie AMAZING GRACE.. truly, when you see the struggle William Wilberforce had with the slave trade.. and how much the politicians were ruled by vested interest..yet..IN TIME.. finally, Wilberforce, his life spent.. his energies given in the lifelong struggle to take John Newtons experience into the political arena and have the NATION repent of slavery.. you will see what u are up against.

PERICLES.. thanx for digging that out, I was in the process of digging also, as I tend not to take such things at face value also.
Having now viewed more of the site, and this video
http://www.cbn.com/700club/features/amazing/ImamConvert_080307.aspx

Your opinion on this please ?
a) Complete Fabrication
b) An Embellished factual account, but blown out of all proportion.
c) The truth.

which is very similar to the report from Jericho, I have to say this.
1/ While the style and presentation of the 700club material, its "American" mood, is DEFinitely not my cup of tea, I am hearing a ring of truth from the mouths of the people shown who's testimony is there for you and I to see.
2/ If you reject that personal testimony, you are left with labelling it all 'a lie' which seems to stretch things a bit far.

Me ? I have no trouble at all believing for others, that which I've experienced. You call it 'propoganda'.. presumably you mean there is a mixture of truth and lie. I suggest there is no 'lie' (but cannot guarantee this) other than the one in your own head which sees it as such.
Such incidents, even when used indirectly or, by inference for 'fundraising' (i.e. "Look at this great story of the Lord at work, now please support us") it would not neccessarily change the reality of the story..
Posted by BOAZ_David, Sunday, 5 August 2007 7:42:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy