The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > God, reaching out to Muslims... TODAY...

God, reaching out to Muslims... TODAY...

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear friends, especially Muslims friends, and cynical atheist fellow posters, please view and consider this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1nBSgkkS6M&mode=related&search=

If you ever wondered why the Christian Gospel spread without sword, army, hurting, threats, or power.... this... is why.

I can only 'report'...it is up to you to 'decide'.

As I've testified on many occasions.. the events spoken of in this video, have been a personal reality to me, so I find them very easy to relate to.

As the speaker says..the way..is love. And I have to confess, there have been times when I have personally lacked this enduring and overpowering quality.. to my own shame.
Even David, my namesake, failed at times, and I aspire to be more like BOAZ than David on his bad days.
May the Lord guide us all into His abiding truth.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 4 August 2007 8:52:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why don't you head off to Africa, Asia or the Middle East to try and show people the error of their ways?
Posted by StG, Saturday, 4 August 2007 3:53:22 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"Dear friends, especially Muslims friends, and cynical atheist fellow posters, please view and consider this." (Quote:BOAZ)

That's ENOUGH!!

If you cannot see the hypocrisy in this initial statement then I hold you in utter contempt.

How dare you condescend to posters, elevating yourself in such a superior manner?

Pathetic.
Posted by Ginx, Saturday, 4 August 2007 5:16:20 PM
Hi Ginx...
I certainly didn't seek to elevate my 'self' here.. I am simply reporting something I found very touching.

Does it mean nothing to you that God is reaching into the lives of those who are involved in one of the most brutal conflicts of our time ?

Does not touch you also, that a Muslim lady and others, even the Muslim man who gave his life for his conversion... that people are discovering a peaceful pathway between their long history of conflict ?

Honestly, I posted it ...nothing to do with 'me' as such.. why would you think so ?

Do you have a solution to the middle east which is proven to work ?
Has the political entanglement done anything except shed blood ?

This simply me, as a messenger, sharing something I consider valuable. So, I see nothing of any hypocrisy in posting this.

I definitely share it with the goal that you and others will actually 'see' that the God of the New Testament is also the God of 2007, and given the number of calls for 'show me evidence' of God etc.. I don't think it unreasonable to offer this.
blessings to you anyway.

Stg.. I spent 8.5 years in Borneo, but I learnt more than I taught, the people were already believers, and in many cases, made me feel like a spiritual midget compared to them.

I'm sorry you see it as 'telling them the error of their ways'... we are all sinners, and a missionary or evangelist is simply one who has come to see his/her need, and responded to the call and not as a 'master' rather..as Paul said.. a slave/servant.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 4 August 2007 5:55:25 PM
"Hi Ginx...
"I certainly didn't seek to elevate my 'self' here.. I am simply reporting something I found very touching.

Does it mean nothing to you that God is reaching into the lives of those who are involved in one of the most brutal conflicts of our time ?" (Quote: BOAZ).

Thanks for reply.

OF COURSE you're elevating yourself! Don't be such a silly boy.

It is immensely condescending to assert your belief system as the reason for some sort of enlightenment and compassion in others of a different belief system. It shows an overt innocence and covert bullying style.

'Anything that depicts what I (you) see as 'good behaviour' is -; of course;- the work of GOD'.

I suspect the long-termer's here have gotten used to this kind thing from you! Perhaps I'll learn in time to put up with this kind of "all that is good is God; and YOU, and YOU, and YOU, have to understand that.................whether you like it or not!!

Gimme dat ol' time religion?

It has a LOT to answer for.

For goodness' sake, TRY to develop some tolerance for the rights of others who choose to hold a view/belief system that differs from yours!
Posted by Ginx, Saturday, 4 August 2007 7:41:19 PM
Ginx
Our David does actually have a lot of tolerance but I agree some of Davids posts do come across as = preaching.
I dont think its intentional probably more like hes used to mixing with bible study groups and thinks we all understand that way of talk.

David I know you did mot mean to offend but consider the fact that others may take your comment as Your beleif in your Gods is superior and you are offering to rescue them from their Sins[ Sort of] do you follow me?
David`s really interesting actually and it took me ages to work that out.

Hes one of a few to often bag church Leaders but worship God.

I think you have misjudged him as i did in the begining.
He doesnt beleive he walks on the higher moral ground like some do.
Hes quite humble really. I have only ever seen him post as a person on about two threads. These were the most interesting threads I have seen.

The trick is to get him talking [ minus the quotes from the bible]
Sorry Davo.

When everybody learns there is more in life than praying to their relavent Gods and get out there TOGETHER actually working shoulder to shoulder to help the less fortunate the world will be a much better place.

Go out and help some starving Animals or paint an old war widows house together as just people.

Thats the answer for a better world.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 5 August 2007 2:54:30 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy