The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > BAD SMELL from BASS HILL Religious Deception.

BAD SMELL from BASS HILL Religious Deception.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
OK.. Before Pericles gets his knickers in a knot, and begins to berate me for bullying Muslims, this is an important social issue which should concern us all.

IT WOULD BE THE SAME concerns if the party involved were Hindu, Christian, or Calathumpian.

In this particular case, however, it involves Muslims.

I tried to do a discussion on Shambo the Hindu Cow in UK, but it was rejected by Graham.

PROBLEM.

1/ Some surplus land was sold by Bass Hill Highschool for residential development....i.e. residential housing.
2/ A group called 'Garden View Apartments' purchased the property within these guidelines. "residential housing".
3/ The major shareholder in Gardenview Apartments is now Al Amanah College.
4/ Al Amanah college has applied to Council for the establishment of an Islamic school for 1200 pupils on the site zoned and sold for residential housing.
http://www.theexpress.com.au/article/2007/07/17/1990_news.html
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22062893-5006009,00.html
http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/lc/qalc.nsf/18101dc36b638302ca257146007ee41a/bc88034ed2fa37bfca25722f001bb5b9!OpenDocument

This is a re-run of the Baulkham Hills Prayer Hall fiasco, but this time, residents may be better equipped on the issue.

QUESTIONs.

1/ Should the College be allowed to establish a school there ?

2/ Do 'core values' of any religion 'matter' when councils consider such applications. For example, if this was the Ananda Marga sect, would council approve it?

My views on this issue are probably sufficiently well known by now that I don't have to repeat them.
Posted by BOAZ_David, Friday, 3 August 2007 1:41:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
better a moslem school than hillsong or exclusive brethren. and if bd is deceived by the application, perhaps god is on the moslem side this time. sry, bd, only the pope is never wrong. except when he changes his mind. or argues with you.
Posted by DEMOS, Saturday, 4 August 2007 2:48:10 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Demos.. well usually I find myself in agreement with you, but not really this time.

I would not prefer a Hillsong or an EB church there either on the same basis. This Islamic college seems to have used subterfuge to get this far.

No organization should deceptively and manipulatively seek to advance it's cause.. that aslso applies to evangelical Christians.

Given some of the core values of Islam, it surprises me that you would take this tack.

cheers
Posted by BOAZ_David, Saturday, 4 August 2007 6:09:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Boaz
Do you mean Bass Hill Sydney? Thats near chester hill? Western subs
Look I think its got to the stage now we all need to build Multi Culture Schools.
I cant see any advantage what so ever for Muslim people to segrigate themselves from the rest of Australia.
[ I would have liked to see your thread on the S Cow. Pity Graham would not run it.
The reason I am saying its not a good idea to keep opening Muslim Schools is not that I am anti muslim either.

Its just that I honestly beleive its in THEIR interest to be seen wanting to mix more.
I understand their counter argument would be- Well everybody elsehas their own seperate schools.

Thats True. However Muslims are the ones under preshure to show they ARE prepaired to mix and I just cant see how its going to work to their kids advantages to seperate them from the other kids living in the area.

Perhaps the Government needs to introduce some bill to stop ALL schools from putting up even more barriers between our young cits mixing working and playing together.

I think a seperate school is a bad idea and very unfair on ALL the kids.
Posted by People Against Live Exports & Intensive Farming, Sunday, 5 August 2007 3:13:19 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
i think private schools are a crime against children.

but in a society that tolerates religious schools, muslims are entitled to theirs as much as anyone.

as far as fooling bd, and others, it's a shame they could not make open application, but enough bigots are visible on this site to make it clear why they thought it necessary.
Posted by DEMOS, Sunday, 5 August 2007 8:11:29 AM
"IT WOULD BE THE SAME concerns if the party involved were Hindu, Christian, or Calathumpian."

Strange then that we are not seeing threads in a similar vein originated by BD where the party is christain?

Actions speak louder than words.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Sunday, 5 August 2007 8:16:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy