The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bring IS fighters home?

Bring IS fighters home?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. All
indy you seem to have missed the point
The question in my humble view, is are we better served by bringing the trash home and putting them in prison
Or should we shut the door and let them , one be killed over there
TWO get a chance to be free and maybe commit more crimes/murders
We owe them nothing, why would you think the thread claimed other wise
Posted by Belly, Friday, 22 February 2019 5:25:13 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As a party to the instability of the Middle East through regime change, support for lawless states etc, the West, and that includes Australia, have a real problem on their hands.
We might have won the battle, but that's not to say we have won the war, which is now entering a new phase.

//I say leave the traitors where they are// What to roam unchecked, to be further radicalised, to infiltrate those they perceive as hostile, that's you and me, and carry out even more atrocious terrorist acts. a simplistic solution with pit falls.

Bring them home? What does that entail, if you allow for the rule of law, which some on here do not agree with "shot on sight". What can you charge them with, the relative minor offence of entering a war zone, anything else may be hard to prove. Then you have got to let them out after two or three years behind bars, more hostile than ever. The type of governments we have will do that, regardless of what party is in power.

George W Bush, John Howard and other Washington and Canberra Rambo's didn't give much thought to the future consequences of their gung-ho actions at the time.

You can never defeat an enemy who will never give up. Unless of course you totally obliterate every last one, and you can never be sure you got the lot, there is always the next generation. Those that might perpetrate terrible terrorist acts in 2040, may not even be born yet.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 22 February 2019 8:52:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well a different opinion Paul 1405 but the question remains
Yes we are in trouble in the middle east and maybe other parts of the Islamic faiths other country,s
We can even look at long past colonial mistakes/crimes that may have bought this about
But never the less we can not over look the inhumanity of radical Islam
Sorry about bringing it up again but if there is no God why bend to any of them
Why give ground /benefit to followers of any fantasy
At the start of this thread I saw several days of speculation Trump wanted to bring them home, told others too
That has changed,two brides, in my view no better than their men, have been told they can not return
Posted by Belly, Friday, 22 February 2019 11:01:02 AM
You can never defeat an enemy who will never give up.
Paul1405,
So, what would you do with those fighters ? bring them home or leave them there or what ?
Have you got any alternatives ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 22 February 2019 11:53:11 AM
Hi there BELLY & INDIVIDUAL...I agree with each of you. Both your arguments have considerable merit. Something you said BELLY struck me? '...I do not trust Western Justice to keep them locked up...'? That would be my contention as well.

Whereas you INDIVIDUAL had an excellent point when you said why should we pay tens of thousands of Dollars for them to go through our legal channels and if convicted, pay to have 'em locked up for many years? It deprives many of our pensioners of resources they badly need. It's a real conundrum, for sure.

My opinion - most of those who arrive by boats are not genuine refugees. They come, apparently, 'Stateless' having delibrately discarded all documents of identification, necessary to establish their bona fides, and claiming they're genuine refugees. At which point, after investigation, it's often revealed they're convicted criminals or economic refugees. Regrettably, through our many layers of appeal, we now have criminals living and taking succor from the Oz taxpayer. I'm buggered if I know?
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 22 February 2019 11:58:28 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bring them home if you wish, but only in a box.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 22 February 2019 11:59:14 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. 23
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy