The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The Real illegal Immigration Problem

The Real illegal Immigration Problem

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25
  13. All
HenryL - Contrary to what Paul1405 Liar says you are right it is paywalled you are allowed 5 free articles over 1 week or 1 month can't remember which. depending on what web browser you are using go to options and delete the cookies for SMH, more info later if you need help.

It is way too long to copy here, but at the bottom of the page it says is going to be on TV

** Watch Sophie McNeill’s investigation, Escape From Saudi, tonight on Four Corners on ABC TV or ABC iview at 8.30pm. **
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 4 February 2019 1:13:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,
Gee you greens are thick! All non citizens that enter Aus require a valid visa, no matter how they arrive. Those that do not are illegal entrants and denied entrance or detained. Those that overstay are also termed illegals.

As I said the information was given to me from the Dept of Immigration at the time of the illegal boat arrivals and the issue of over stayers was not seen as a problem. It may well have since become a problem and if so more staff or other measures may be required to deal with it. If you gave details of a recent Australian Senate inquiry, and their findings, that would help.

It is good that you now provide some figures. On your figures more than half are short term over stayers who leave on their own behest and are replaced by other over stayers. I could never work out why the illegals paid far more to smugglers than genuine fares and tourist visas are available. It does not surprise that more are now coming on tourist visas.

We already have laws in place to deal with over stayers, so I can only assume that One Nation think the laws are adequate at present. Perhaps more staff to track them down is needed.

One thing you do misinterrupt. ALL the boat arrivals WERE illegal entrants as they had no valid visas
Posted by HenryL, Monday, 4 February 2019 1:48:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,
The paywall is still there on the smh link.

It seems the Saudi women that the ABC story is about had no problems getting an Australian visa. We give out thousands each year so why could not the illegals get a visa and come here legally. The fools risk their lives in leaky boats. No wonder the ME is still a thousand years behind.

I guess they didn't like showing they had a return airline ticket so preferred to pay a shonky smuggler a double price. Marry your cousin eh!
Posted by HenryL, Monday, 4 February 2019 2:10:34 PM
Philip S.,

I found the information in the link I cited ämazing."
You didn't. Your perception differs from mine.
Obviously! Besides if you don't like my links -
you're under no obligation to read them. No biggie!
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 4 February 2019 3:48:53 PM
Henry taken to insult now; "Gee you greens are thick!" You are an apologetic goose who can't read. The question I asked was why haven't One Nation/Australian Conservatives a policy to cover overstayers. You can divert, you can be dismissive all you like, you can throw up smoke screens, whatever. If you have some connection with these rat bags parties, maybe you can answer that question.

Hasbeen, I only have contempt for someone who would call for the Australian Navy to open fire on unarmed defenceless men, women and children in a boat, with a 50mm cannon, which was your recommendation . I find you despicable for the suggestion that it would be a good idea to nuk 200 million people in Pakistan. So I wont answer you, you are not worth it .
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 4 February 2019 4:58:25 PM
Paul,
Why would you consider it an insult to refer to you as thick, after all you were told that ALL non citizens require a valid visa many times over a long period while debating the illegal boat people., and you still come up with the furphy that 'asylum seeekers 'are not illegal. I did take an acute interest in the illegal boat people debate.

I have no association with any political party and can only assume that One Nation think the current laws, on over stayers, are adequate. If you think otherwise then I suggest you raise the issue with the government.

You referred earlier to an inquiry by the Senate so how about posting their findings and recomendations.

I also read today that the current government has canceled visas and citizenships of criminals and others about 7 times more than the last Labor government which is a good thing. We do not have to keep imported criminals. I applaude a positive move.
Posted by HenryL, Monday, 4 February 2019 5:42:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 23
  11. 24
  12. 25