The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Want To Get Into Australia? Just Marry Your Sibling

Want To Get Into Australia? Just Marry Your Sibling

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
An investigation revealed that the brother, already a permanent resident of Australia, had documents forged to give his sister a different identity. They got a marriage certificate from a gurdwara (worship place for Sikhs) in 2012 that was subsequently registered at the sub-registrar’s office in the Indian state of Punjab.

New Delhi (Sputnik): Punjab Police are investigating a visa-related scam in which a brother-sister duo has allegedly forged identity documents in order that they may get hold of an Australian visa as a married couple. They are supposedly living in Australia right now.

The matter came to light when their female cousin, in whose name the documents of the sister was forged, registered a report with the police accusing the duo of forging a bank account, a passport and other identity documents using her name to get an Australian spouse visa. Jai Singh, an inspector with the Punjab Police, confirmed the developments to Sputnik.

The Australian High Commission in India came out with a warning against fake marriage scams in November. The country also refused many spouse visa applications when they were found to be linked to a fake marriage syndicate.

"The complainant is closely related to the accused family and used to live with them when they forged her identity documents. Our preliminary investigation has been able to establish most of the facts", says a media report, citing Inspector Jai Singh. Expressing shock, he said, "We all have heard of fake marriages taking place for going migrating overseas, even among close relatives, but this happening with a brother-sister was unheard of".

The Australian Department of Home Affairs said that spouse visa applications go through due diligent scrutiny and, where required, all identity documents are verified with authorities from the issuing country. "But the department has no control over genuine passports issued by the foreign government which may have been issued based on fraudulent documents", it said while speaking to an Australian media outlet.

Link not included it wanted to send you a message.

More articles
http://www.conservatives.org.au/visa_sister_marriage_racket_exposed

http://punjabikhurki.com/australian-visa-indian-brother-sister-marry/

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/international/india/brother-sister-marry-each-other-to-get-australia-visa-1-
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 1 February 2019 12:52:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You are a joke ttbn, any excuse you can find.

"Want To Get Into Australia? Just Marry Your Sibling" that if true is a criminal act.

What does ttbn say; "The only solution ( to this problem of one) is to freeze all immigration and clean up the mess before returning to a sensible policy of needs-only immigration."

Highly likely after ttbn seen Punjub, his razor sharp mind went like this;

Punjub = turban head = Muslim... lets chuck this up on OLO for some good old fashioned Mussy bashing.

Issy, me thinks you shocked the ignorant.

The latest lurk, and it always has been by far the biggest lurk, to get into Australia is to jump on a plane with a tourist visa and never go home. Tell us ttbn, what is Corny Banana's solution to that one, the over stayers, stop all tourists, stop all planes coming into Australia.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 1 February 2019 1:08:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405
Quote "You are a joke ttbn, any excuse you can find."

ALSO Quote
"Highly likely after ttbn seen Punjub, his razor sharp mind went like this;

Punjub = turban head = Muslim... lets chuck this up on OLO for some good old fashioned Mussy bashing."

Like usual, now rather than discuss the topic you try to imply racism but you are the only one who wrote this "Punjub = turban head = Muslim... lets chuck this up on OLO for some good old fashioned Mussy bashing."

** Go back and read what ttbn wrote, not one bit of racism YOU are the biased person who reads racism into everyones comment you don't agree with. **

Again you set yourself in a position higher than the moderator by implying this thread should not have been allowed.

I dare you to test out your concept, hit the little red cross and complain about the thread, you won't do that because like all the other times you have not agreed with a thread you have NO grounds to have them removed just your biased opinion.

Your comment to Is Mise is a weak attempt to get them to support you in your attack on the author.

Look in the mirror then and only then will you see the joke
Posted by Philip S, Friday, 1 February 2019 1:42:12 PM
ttbn,

Sorry about that, I hastily read it as Pakistan; the Punjab is a safe region even though it borders Pakistan, and I was last there in 2017.
In fact, in Amritsar I never felt safer in my life, surrounded as I was by armed Sikhs; a visit to the Golden Temple is a must and I've now been there four times, always fascinating.

Amritsar also has the Jallianwala Bagh where Gurka troops under the immediate command of British Officers massacred hundreds of unarmed and peacefully assembled Indians, that too is a place that I've also visited more than once.

I still wonder though how runner knew so much about them.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 1 February 2019 2:23:33 PM
Is Mise,

General Dyer.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 1 February 2019 2:51:22 PM
'How do you know that the couple referred to are not Christians desperate to get family members out of a dangerous country?'

Is Mise

I don't know that Is Mise but this is a common practice with adherents of Islam. Marrying cousins etc is common practice. If you travel to Pakistan as you claim to then you would know this.
Posted by runner, Friday, 1 February 2019 2:56:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy