The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Turnbull challenge

Turnbull challenge

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. 12
  14. 13
  15. 14
  16. All
'As deputy leader he can have his pick of ministries, and it is hoped that he opts for Foreign Affairs to get rid of Ms. Horrible, and thereby make his first positive contribution to Australia.'

come on ttbn don't forget that Morison was in charge of stopping the boats. He could now do the next best thing for the country and tear up the idiotic Paris fraud agreement. Hasn't America surged ahead since they got a President with a bit of backbone and by putting the US ahead of the destroyers of the west.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 25 August 2018 11:02:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The SMH has Bishop 'considering her political’ future after receiving only 11 votes. The report also says that Morrison has already offered her a spot on his front bench. MISTAKE NUMBER ONE - more to follow.

runner,

I don't see a connection between Morrison's stopping the boats, Freydenberg, and Foreign Affairs. Who will be immigration Minister is the question.

I don't have any faith in Morrison to do anything positive. There were, and still are, only two effective possibilities for leadership: Dutton and Abbott. I don't see Morrison lasting long - certainly not after the coming election rout, when the Liberals will have plenty of time and opportunity to get a decent leader without harming the country as they have just done while in government.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 25 August 2018 11:47:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,
You could be selling Morrison short. He showed lots of fight and guts when he was Immigration Minister. In fact he and Dutton were like peas in a pod doing that job, hard to pick who was better.

I would be quite happy to see Dutton go back to Immigration and I would like to see big cuts to numbers there. For example family reunion needs drastic cuts and Dutton is the man to implement that. Then of course is the need to stop entry of those groups that cause us grief.

Better to get the work done on Immigration while the agreement with Labor is still in place as they cannot debate without breaking agreement.

Morrison may turn out better than you expect, at least he is experienced in immigration matters.
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 25 August 2018 12:26:49 PM
From the instant our new deputy Leader of the Liberals was elected he was going to become treasurer, he had first pick Morrison, in part will not reward some who brought about the mess, he however will be good for his party, while from the right he is far from the rabbid Abbott type
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 25 August 2018 12:29:17 PM
Bazz fact is Morrison will improve your sides voting, he is from the conservative side but not as much as Dutton, you are a bright man, no crap, true but time you dropped that left slur its is from your side even at the very highest level, Dutton is branded right of Liberalism,ask Rupert Alan Sky, all want him to lead, in truth he may well not win his seat, most true Liberals will be unhappy with him.
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 25 August 2018 12:34:58 PM
Banjo,

Maybe. But it seems to me that Morrison has disintegrated, along with everyone else and everything else under Turnbull, our very worst PM ever, who set out to destroy the party; and he has succeeded. He can leave politics well satisfied that he has done his best by his Green/Labor mates. Everything Turnbull did was a slightly watered down version of Green/Labor policy.

I cannot take Morrison as leader seriously. Time will tell but, as I said elsewhere, I don't think he will be opposition leader for very long after the coming election.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 25 August 2018 1:17:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11