The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Turnbull challenge

Turnbull challenge

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. 14
  14. All
I'm still mentally working my way through what happened during
this past week. And I still don't get why?
Why not wait a couple of months until the next election and
let the voters decide? Why depose a sitting PM now? Surely
people must realise that had Mr Dutton have won -
he would not have kept the job beyond the next election.
Who the hell wants an undertaker as a PM?
As for Scott Morrison? I very much doubt he will win the next
election.

As for getting behind the PM? That is what should have
happened with our deposed Prime Minister except that these
greedy malcontents placed their personal ambitions ahead
of the voters and the country.
They don't deserve to be re-elected.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 25 August 2018 6:35:51 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Foxy,

I think one thing you have left out is the deep sense of vengeance which drove Tony Abbott. There are many Liberals who are now calling for him to exit the parliament. I think they are on point.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 25 August 2018 7:08:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy as is the truth behind Donald Trump, big business and media has always had a hand in our politics,and a visit the week before this from Rupert Murdock seems telling, everyone knew the odds had been against a Turnbull victory, few however thought his removal would be so dramatic,the climate change debate has taken another victim, right now any look at Trumps actions in this matter [is he under orders?] is extreme, it in the end let a little man further remind us we are far better for him not being PM,Abbott, the polls may lift, but this country needs an election soon
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 26 August 2018 7:45:52 AM
Must agree with Steele, Abbotts sense of vengeance towards Turnbull has been evident since the day he was deposed. I have to give it Turnbull he snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Not the entire victory he wanted, that would have seen him remain as PM, but a somewhat Pyrrhic victory with anyone but an Abbott lackey in control, even if it is the vacillating Morrison.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 26 August 2018 8:27:41 AM
With a mere 11 votes in the leadership fiasco, the 'popular' Julie Bishop is "weighing up" whether to continue as foreign minister or not. Some of her "supporters" (how many of the 11?) think she should be the next Governor General, would you believe!

It is one measure of Morrison's weakness that he has not already seen to it that she is on the back bench already.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 26 August 2018 10:22:33 AM
Sycophant-in-chief to Turnbull, Craig Laundy, has told Ben Fordham on 2GB that he is “physically, mentally, emotionally absolutely annihilated” by Turnbull's ousting. Boo hoo!

He advised that Turnbull is 'shattered’. Boo hoo again! Apparently the pair hit the piss together to drown their sorrows.

It gives one a sense of how the French peasantry felt when the aristocrats were topped.

And the ever-arrogant Turnbull thinks that everyone else has “lost their minds”; nothing to do with Turnbull himself!

A lot more of these arrogant, self-interested pricks in our parliament should be removed.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 26 August 2018 10:59:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13