The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Refugees and Migration 50 years in to the Future

Refugees and Migration 50 years in to the Future

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All
I never thought this thread would be easy, and never thought my wishes should rule my comments, see truth is all our views wants wishes are out of our hands, surely some of us think some power other than the ones we see has slipped Multiculturalism in? what was evil about integration? why did Germany and half of Europe open their borders? back on track even if the UN or who ever is in control continue to try to bring about one world, long before 50 years comes voters from all sides will end open door policies, no party in the west will be elected that does not agree, AID, in all things change is possible, in this case a must,this government gave I believe 50 million dollars to CAMBODIA! to resettle TWO refugees!aid can be kept out of the hands of military criminals and truly decadent governments, if not? do not grant it
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 15 July 2018 8:26:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I feel for those we keep in concentration camps, that is what we are doing, but in truth know Labor or Liberal will never rule this country if they are bought here Tony Abbott has said he wishes he had a better look at the Malaysian solution, it was *not*about long term increase in refugee/migrant in take, it *was*about stopping the boats and refugee flows in all our near north countries too, we will see it reborn, ending the huge costs of detention and its cruelty, and much of the western world will be using it long before the 50 years is up, migrants are needed, they drive growth, and that path will always be open, we have no choice those who control us have made up their minds, we are one day to become one world
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 15 July 2018 8:41:41 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It takes a real ignoramus to describe Australian detention centres as “concentration camps”, and Belly certainly fits the description. I recall something about him being “ driven off” OLO by an ‘evil Right Wing’ poster at some stage. Where is that poster? He is really needed again. Nobody should object to differences of opinion when they are expressed with some thought and at least basic skills in English expression - so what they say makes sense even if you disagree with it; but this bloke is well outside loop. Front bar material. Embarrassing. Unpatriotic - the only thing he shares with his more articulate mates.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 15 July 2018 10:13:32 AM
Dear Belly,

Thank You for bringing up this topic for discussion.
I know that you're having this debate for a reason -
you're looking for answers to try to solve a future
problem. And I'm impressed at how you're staying
focused on the problem. Because its very easy to be
provoked and to respond to personal attacks (which are
never relevant). Most of the contributors thus far have
come up with some very valid points.

However one hasn't - and that one is best ignored.

It's hard to continue a conversation with anyone
when all they try to do is put you down instead of
addressing the issues at hand.

I remember a time when trolls were fictious monsters from
fairy tales - not "A-holes" on the internet looking for
attention. And just to be clear -
I'm obviously talking about ttbn here.

Well done Belly. Keep up the good work.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 15 July 2018 11:03:07 AM
Foxy thanks, GY forgive me for my few rebuttals of what clearly is a troll, this thread is needed, and even some in my party will condemn me even call for me to be thrown out of it, because I put both my views and honest thoughts here, war and acts of filthy terrorists will not only bring more hate in this period, it will bring massively more refugees,and ,,, as a positive, some parts of the Muslim world to stand against the things we find hard to take from some Muslims,we must confront the concentration camps, and aid used not by other than those who gave it, can improve life in the countries they flee from,we too must stop wars in those countries that exists because the west uses them as a chess board China and Russia to,I think we would not recognise this world in 50 years PS I am from my parties ruling faction the right and that faction knows voters concerns
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 15 July 2018 12:22:12 PM
cont'd ...

Dear Belly,

BTW: I looked up the meaning of "concentration camp."
It's described as a guarded compound in which the
detention of aliens, that is -
ethnic minorities, political opponents, refugees,
et cetera, are deliberately confined.

So you were spot on in your referral.

However lets not get distracted from the subject -
and lets stay focused. Trying to distract and go
off-topic is another tactic used by trolls.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 15 July 2018 12:25:03 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 20
  10. 21
  11. 22
  12. All