The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Refugees and Migration 50 years in to the Future

Refugees and Migration 50 years in to the Future

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All
While we tend to think in terms of Australia we do know these two groups are a worldwide issue? any one care to think that far ahead? what will refugees
look like then? it is my view between then and now the flow of refugees world
wide will increase greatly,and too that the western world will by then see this as a problem and have laws in place to stop entry of most if not all,however by then will the world be better or worse in relation to this issue,will we live together trouble free? or will the gap widen between us?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 13 July 2018 5:23:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You don't have to go 50 years, Italy has done an Australian move no boats.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6776034/italy-bans-migrants-on-trawler/

ITALY BANS BOAT The Italian government has warned 450 desperate migrants on a trawler they are not allowed to enter the country

The two-decked trawler with the 450 migrants on board was yesterday in Maltese waters but radar showed it was heading north towards Italy

Interior minister Matteo Salvini issued the warning as the migrant crisis threatening Italy and the southern Med continued to grow.

It comes just a month after he turned away a charity ship carrying more than six hundred people after saying the country just couldn’t cope. The two decked trawler with the 450 migrants onboard was yesterday in Maltese waters but radar showed it was tracking north towards Italy.

Last night firebrand Mr Salvini, of the anti-immigration Northern League, warned: "As promised I will not bend. A boat with 450 illegal immigrants on board is from this morning in Maltese waters and they undertook the rescue operation.

“For several hours nothing happened and now, surprise, surprise the ship is heading towards Italy.Malta, people traffickers and all the do gooders of Italy and the rest of the world need to know this boat will not dock in an Italian port and should not try. We have already said this and I hope I am making myself clear.”

Last month the Aquarius a humanitarian rescue ship was ordered not to dock in Italy and eventually arrived in Spain. Earlier this week an Italian coastguard vessel rescued 67 migrants amid claims they had made death threats to the captain of the boat taking them from Libya to Europe.

If the boat is accepted by Spain again wonder how long before the Spanish say enough is enough.

Even Merkel is in trouble and just holding on to power.
Posted by Philip S, Saturday, 14 July 2018 7:07:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

This is a tough one.

Refugees and migrants are both running from a hopeless
future. From situations of persecution be it either
war or economic famine. And who wouldn't want better
conditions for themselves and their family?

But unless something is done - it will not get any
better in the future.

We have a couple of choices - because it is a
global problem - countries can close the fences so to
speak, put up walls and put in place stricter laws or
they can try to actively improve conditions and
opportunities in the homelands of these people. Working
with local leaders so that there is less motivation to
seek better possibilities in other lands. We can't cut our
foreign aid drastically - because it ends up costing us
even more once these people arrive on our shores.

Also, let us not forget that many of the current problems
that exist today - we were a part of causing those problems
by supporting the US and interfering in the internal
affairs of various countries from which the refugees are now
fleeing. For example, Syria - rebels rose up against Syrian
government the West stepped in to assist. The Russians stepped
in to help the government and now we have millions of refugees.
Before that we had Iraq.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 14 July 2018 7:33:29 PM
Another 50 from Belly. The biggest number he can imagine?

Philip S has said all that needs to be said. People have had a gutfull of barbarians entering their countries illegally; and an even bigger gutfull of the politicians who have been facilitating the invasions. Australia has shown the rest of the world that they do not have to tolerate uninvited thugs, and that they can, and should, decide who enters their countries and the way they will enter.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 14 July 2018 7:35:33 PM
Dear Belly,

I forgot to add that immigration's contribution to population
growth is very likely going to increase during the next 30
to 50 years at least because of the ageing of Australia's
population with deaths catching up to births.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 14 July 2018 7:58:30 PM
Foxy I put this thread forward to tell what I see happening, and included Migrants because it is my view that may be the only way to gain entry in to the future western world.First it is my view refugee flows will get massively more than they currently are, and that will, like it or not, bring border fences down on them,,,long before the 50 years,migration is lumped by some, too many, in with concerns about refugees, look at the Aussie/Croatians cheering for their fathers and mothers country in the world cup, it to me at least proves integration worked, never convince me multiculturalism, in the form it now is, is not,,, harming every oneinvolved.
In say 20 years SOME hat tipping to western values will take place in today's Migrants and refugees via their children, who knows? acceptance may be the fashion in 50 years Some times to solve a problem both sides, yes both, must give ground and take the best result on offer not total victory
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 14 July 2018 8:30:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy