The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Job for every one?

A Job for every one?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. All
Labor pains, yes but how come ? If the Coalition performed satisfactorily we'd not get another Labor govt again for years. Same goes for Labor, if they performed satisfactorily we'd not have another out of touch Coalition Govt either.
Both of them are run by academic background, out of touch with reality egotists pandering to a Public Service that is progressing like a Cancer. A Cancer that destroys commerce & society by eating away at humane values & principles. The only possible cure will be to let it run its course until it starts attacking itself.
Then hopefully, sanity may, just may claw its way back again. This will take decades when the "experts" will realise the true value of people actually working rather than just being there.
Cleaning up the mess will create lots of jobs but not in our lifetime.
A National Service could reduce the decades to a few years but many people don't like the thought of discipline & responsibility.
Posted by individual, Friday, 22 June 2018 11:04:10 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
indi, I have to disagree. While I accept that the union/labor campaign against work choices was second to none, the fact was most workers had never had it so good, but decided it was time for a change. Of cause the kevin 07 style of campaign was almost like a movie, but he soon showed he was out of his depth, obviously enjoying the fruits of his wifes labour, perhaps giving him a false sense of security. The rest is history.

The damage that he and Gillard caused can never be repaired in my view simply because we will never be able to cope with the huge debt, fast approaching a trillion I believe.

Dead ducks I fear.
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 23 June 2018 6:42:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
working union official in the Howard act of a person born to unwed parents work choices was evil and silly, it cost the little bugger his seat, without it he may still be PM saw people sacked for just asking for award wages, single mums went without pay because the law let bosses close down one day and restart another name next day, however surely we can do things differently? why not a job instead of dole? why not a job instead of aid in say southern Africa? why not paid work to provide water food and houseing in third world country's?why not paid jobs over seas to help third world countrys become livable?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 June 2018 7:34:50 AM
rechtub,
I understand your argument but I was referring to the now & tomorrow, not the yesteryear. Irreparable damage to the nation is being done by those who we voted in to build it.
Again & again people with no grip on anything other than on the Pulic service benefit gravytrain are put up as candidates on merely academic qualification ? Don't people get it that such qualifications are meaningless, how many more such beings will be voted in bfore this folly is realised ?
We need candidates from a practical business background not some perpetually theorising dills.
Has anyone taken a serious look at the future candidates in both major parties ? Not a single one has what it takes to create real work for jobs. No-one should be even allowed to get into politics without having served in the National service. We need basic proof that they have a basic grasp of reality. Only then will projects be created that assure revenue creating employment.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 23 June 2018 10:29:31 AM
Like every thread, this one has been miss used by those we all know, to both praise their choice of politics, and condemn the other side, I AM TO BLAME see I thought just once, we could maybe look at a brand new way of welfare and yes aid, that we, or some of us, may see that a better way, my shell of a system, not near final draft, would have the following outcomes benefits here in this country,a job for ever unemployed person, community benefits/out comes, an end to the never in doubt fraud of collecting the dole and working, even multiple doles,you name the tasks that may be done, but I include education,a day each week, if needed to teach good humans to just read and write, tell me why not, but please do not let this become a right vs left mud heap, doing that would say loud and clear we can not think of better ways
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 23 June 2018 12:38:49 PM
Belly, the fundamental difference I see in creating jobs is that the unions think it is a given right to have a job, and be awarded a pay rise just because prices increase, even when these increases are out of most employers control. Meanwhile, employers think about profits (gross) then costs, which include wages.

Given large corps work on a net margin of a few percent, in order to give a pay rise, the dollars have to be created, not just taken from profits. The other problem is that many projects take years to complete, so pay rises can be difficult to fund.

With the advancement of automation, along with affordability to smaller businesses, I can't see how we are going to save existing jobs, let alone create more, unless of cause you are talking work for the dole.

Finally, governments provide huge tax incentives to modernise your business with equipment write offs, yet fill employing people with land mines. In fact, small businesses with just a dozen employees can no longer do the book work required, so have to employ people just to do unpaid work for the government. Why should business people have to collect and pay staff taxes, pay staff super, and collect and pass on GST all for nix? Surely workers can pay their own tax and contribute their own super, both of which could be let in their pay packets. Why should we have to work for nothing?

But, if you really want to create jobs, get the greens to pull their heads in, because surely our coal that they don't want burned here, still creates omissions in the likes of China.
Continued
Posted by rehctub, Saturday, 23 June 2018 9:16:12 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17