The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Our illegally elected politicians - Should they pay their wages and benefits back?

Our illegally elected politicians - Should they pay their wages and benefits back?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
Sadly for me?...lol

You said "As an average Australian, you will have the reading age of an 8 year old - just good enough to manage the simply-worded, single sentence paragraphs in newspapers, but nothing like the Bible or most non-fiction books."

And I proved you 100% wrong with a few Bible quotes... Are you always so ill-informed?

Now you go on with this tit for tat rubbish when you know nothing!...lmao

Do you always fail like this?

Oh just as an aside because you think only the OT is wrong look the New Testament is a load of rubbish also. I studied that using ancient Greek...

Open or closed tomb?

Matthew 28:2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

OR

Luke 24:2 And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.

Luke you idiot you forgot to mention the angel...lol

And how many women attended the tomb?

John 20:1 The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.

OR 2

Matthew 28:1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

OR 3

Mark 16:1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him

OR A CROWD OF WHO KNOWS HOW MANY?

Luke 24:1 Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.

Nope the Bible is totally reliable on all matters... Even with your 5 year old comprehension skills the errors are obvious...lmao

So why do you think Boof Turnbull is so scared to have an audit? What does he know that we don't
Posted by Opinionated2, Sunday, 5 November 2017 7:39:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Opinionated2,

I see that you started a big discussion about the bible:
surely I have my reservations about the bible, after all I am a Hindu, it's you who raised this issue.

I make a clear distinction between fraud and innocent mistakes.
If a worker presses the wrong pedal, say because they have an yet-unknown neural condition, causing $10m damage, then they will be fired but not required to pay back their past salaries. Obviously if they knew of this condition but failed to report it, then they would be sued for the damage.

Thus, if a representative defrauded their electors by hiding the fact that they have or may have dual citizenship, whereas the absence of dual citizenship was important for their electors, then they should pay for it.

I do wonder how many electors actually care or would change their vote if they knew that their candidate was a dual citizen. I think a handful. Most electors do however care that their representative is honest.

If however, a candidate honestly and reasonably believed that they were not a dual citizen, but it was discovered otherwise, say that they were swapped as babies, or were an adopted orphan who unexpectedly discovered the identity of their biological parents, or that the country of Rylvania decided to grant citizenship to all people whose name adds up to 10 dashes and 10 dots in Morse-code, surely they should not suffer as a result.

If a candidate informed their electors of their dual citizenship, yet the electorate didn't mind it and voted them in, then they should be able to represent their electors. A representative's only allegiance should be to the real people who voted for him/her, not to some airy-fairy abstract concept such as "nation".

Yes, I know that there is a constitution out there and that it contains item 44, but this whole constitution is illegitimate to begin with because the actual people who live in this continent and presumed subject to it, were never even asked whether they accept it, how less so consented to it.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 5 November 2017 11:56:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Actually you said to Foxy that your "views are based on solid philosophical and religious grounds:" what are yours based on?"

That is what got me started on religion... The fact that you are Hindu changes nothing for me and as Hinduism has the caste system once again it is simply wrong!

You are confusing laws when you discuss them.

When someone gets money from the Government that they are not entitled to they MUST pay it back. There are no ifs or buts!

They cannot use ignorance of the law as an excuse, and they cannot use ignorance of their position under the law. It is that simple!

I doubt a case for fraud could be made unless someone had evidence that at some time they knew they were illegally in parliament and failed to announce it!

Under the law they and their parties had an obligation to check their status of citizenship. It is easy to check.

So as they ignored their obligation under the law, and got elected whilst outside the law then they do have to pay the money back.

All you people are so keen to excuse rich people from paying their dues and yet seem quite happy for the book to be thrown at the poor people when they do similar things.

You seem to want to argue some weird - this Constitution isn't law thing. Do you believe in the sovereign citizen rubbish? If you do you are simply wrong!

Whether you agree with it or not the Constitution is a part of the laws governing Australia and these politicians are outside the law!

The pollies should pay the money back
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 6 November 2017 12:37:55 PM
The position of the Government regarding an audit as expressed by Boofa Turnbull and other members is an absurdity.

Even though there may be other members sitting in Parliament illegally and breaking the law, the government is too scared to set up an enquiry because they claim it is the members obligation to check.

It's the trust me I'm a politician argument... lmao

Boofa Turnbull is a lawyer and is totally ignoring his obligations as Prime Minister. Is the Speaker also ignoring his/her obligations under the law also. They throw people out for interjecting too often but let's ignore those who shouldn't be here in the first place. It is pathetic!

Perhaps we could change all laws to this robust model.

We could have bank robbers only needing to comply with the law as it suits them because informing the police is an individuals obligation.

As a lawyer and a Prime Minister, Boofa Turnbull won't acknowledge that he is sitting on a constitutional crisis. I wonder why? If he is ignoring a constitutional crisis just because of his weak position with the numbers, then when does that become an illegal act?

People may be sitting in our parliament illegally and voting on bills in our parliament illegally and this government doesn't want to know... Shameful!

Isn't failing to act in effect attempting to pervert the course of justice?

And people thought Turnbull might actually be a good PM...lmao
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 6 November 2017 12:53:43 PM
Dear Opionated2,

«Hinduism has the caste system»

Let's address your ignorance of Hinduism on a more appropriate thread.

«When someone gets money from the Government that they are not entitled to they MUST pay it back. There are no ifs or buts!»

I already mentioned that we OUGHT to return every cent we ever received from a government. But why MUST? Certainly there's an "If": IF your respect of laws is greater than your respect of common-sense!

«they cannot use ignorance of their position under the law. It is that simple!»

It's not that simple: your hidden assumption is that people are "under the law".

«It is easy to check.»

For some lucky people it's easy, for others not so. Even if one checks, they can still make mistakes and too many factors can remain unknown.

«So as they ignored their obligation»

Or misunderstood it and honestly believed that they comply. It's quite easy to read the law differently.

«All you people»

Who?

«are so keen to excuse rich people from paying their dues and yet seem quite happy for the book to be thrown at the poor people when they do similar things.»

I'm not excusing anyone: anyone, rich or poor, who received money from a government, is morally obliged to return it. Nobody, however, rich or poor, should be forced to do so.

«You seem to want to argue some weird - this Constitution isn't law thing.»

The constitution IS a law thing - and the law thing in total is immoral and illegitimate.

«the Constitution is a part of the laws governing Australia and these politicians are outside the law!»

The only law that governs Australia and the rest of the universe, is the law of God. If you like, include the laws of physics such as gravity and the 300,000Km/sec speed limit. The other laws which you speak about are the works of a criminal gang and one should be proud to live outside their laws.

«The pollies should pay the money back»

Yes, because this money is stolen - not because some law says so.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 6 November 2017 2:13:47 PM
Yuyutsu,

I am not ignorant on Hinduism... It seems you might be...lol

That's why people say they are practicing religion because they never get it right anyway...lol

Our discussion is going nowhere... You are out in loony God is the only law land.

Do you have a driver's license? Did God issue it? lol

Do you have a marriage license? Did God sign it for you?...lol

Do you pay your taxes directly to God? - Can you send me his bank account number to me?...lol

The sad thing is you are serious... so why don't you pop off down the Doctors and get a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist...

Apparently they are approved by God...lol
Posted by Opinionated2, Monday, 6 November 2017 4:51:58 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. 12
  9. Page 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All