The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is Trump Different?

Why is Trump Different?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. All
Hi phanto, good morning.

I am not out to impress anyone with cleverness, nor do I want to offend, but that can be unavoidable at times, particularly on a political forum such as this, with members often having strong diametrically opposed opinions, and expressing them, politics requires a thick skin. If I had not chosen the tag I have, I would have chosen "armadillo" as I believe it would be descriptive of me. I sometimes find the comments on the forum, although informative of individuals opinions, somewhat staid, predictable and lackluster at times. Everyone has their own style of posting, and it probably reflects their personality to some degree. I am not sure if you are an Australian, or an American, I took the latter from your advice that I should do something for the US Democratic Party. Australia, has a tradition of cynicism towards politicians, and that extrapolates to a practice of lampooning, and they are seen as fair game in that department. America may be somewhat different, particularly towards Presidents, some are held in saintly admiration: GW, AL, FDR and JFK to name four. I don't know if The Donald will ever reach such a lofty pedestal, I doubt it, but ask me again in fifty years.

I do no believe you intentionally wanted to me to conform to a set of posting parameters, set by you in the form of advice. Your comments to me very much had that as the objective, with "why not" and "should be's" evident. As a libertarian I would not postulate that the setting of any constraints on what you post, and in what style, are necessary. Others, such as the moderator, may see that differently, I have always tried to keep within the rules, but have not always been successful, so be it.

I will not argue with your last comment; "Yes, I think we do" other that to say, "No, I think I don't". I do not presume to speak for others.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 31 January 2017 5:01:20 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
" Let's face it, people don't come together in such huge numbers by accident."
You got it. Putin's smart but has a large organisation which we saw worked smoothly to get his Donald in. IS is learning fast , they need to, but still it's impressive they had so many on the streets. But women and lesbians are easily led and used to follow Trump when he showed his hand.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 31 January 2017 5:19:44 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
People don't come together in such large numbers by accident? Someone (evil Mr Soros, nice Mr Putin) is orchestrating it?

Hey guys, haven't you heard of the internet, the thing you're posting your comments on? Or smart phones? Or Facebook? Or Pokemon? Or flash crowds?

No-one needs a puppet-master to organise this. The people do it themselves. You feel angry at Trump, you post a protest on-line, or you go on-line to find one. It's real easy!

I googled 'Trump protests England where to go' and got this: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/donald-trump-protests-full-list-9720634r, for today, a list of about 40 demos throughout England and Scotland, with time and place, many with links to Facebook pages.

I couldn't find a similar extensive list for Australia, but Facebook tells me, for example, that #NoBanNoWall is organising a protest on Friday 3rd outside the State Library, Swanston Street, Melbourne 5.30-7pm. (It will be 12–27° Sunny).

PS Trump was clear - 'the people' voted for him. Problem is that there's another 'the people' the ones who are protesting.
Posted by Cossomby, Tuesday, 31 January 2017 1:39:04 PM
Pope Benedict is on the dark internet and organises pro-Trump comments on forums. He is organised by Soros who wants to discredit Trump by false reasoning.
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 31 January 2017 2:23:42 PM
News that Trump has fired his acting Attorney General because in her opinion his immigration rules were unconstitutional. Sacked for not going against the laws she had sworn to uphold.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-idUSKBN15E1DE

But it was the wording in the White House press release regarding her dismissal which is so disturbing;

"has betrayed the Department of Justice by refusing to enforce a legal order designed to protect the citizens of the United States”

and;

"Ms. Yates is an Obama Administration appointee who is weak on borders and very weak on illegal immigration,".

So obviously dictated by Trump and so evidently childish and spiteful.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 31 January 2017 2:46:09 PM
Die Strasse frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann
(The street is free for the Storm Troopers.)
Es schau’n auf’s Hackenkreuz voll Hoffung schon Millionen
(Millions full of hope, look at our swastika)
Der Tag fur Freiheit und fur Brot bricht an
(The day breaks for freedom and for bread.)
Zum letzen Mal wird nun Appell geblasen
(For the last time the call will now be sounded)
Zum Kampfe steh’n wir alle schon bereit
(For the struggle now we all stand ready.)
Die Knechtschaft dauert nur mehr kurze Zeit
(Our slavery will last only a short time longer.)
Posted by nicknamenick, Tuesday, 31 January 2017 2:59:08 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14