The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why is Trump Different?

Why is Trump Different?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
The widespread protests against Trump are unprecedented. Yet also curious. His actions (as opposed to what he has said) are fairly typical for an incoming Republican President. George W Bush entered office under a cloud of a rigged election but did not generate the outright hostility that Trump has. For me there is just one explanation - hostility to Trump has nothing to do with politics but everything to do with Trump himself. At a party Trump is the sort of person that you would steer clear of. The problem is that his policies are entangled with his personality and the danger is that in rejecting his personality people may also end up rejecting the need to address some of the real problems that attracted voters to him.
Posted by BAYGON, Friday, 27 January 2017 9:52:33 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Putin liked his personality when voting and a Trump calendar should be on every frig door. "Vladimir Putin appears shirtless yet again in a bizarre new calendar that's titled "All Year With The President Of Russia."

The Russian President fishes bare-chested in one of the snaps from the 2016 edition. But the political strongman also shows his sensitive side. There are photographs of him sniffing a flower and cuddling up to a dog. "Dogs and I have very warm feelings for one another," he's quoted as saying in the caption.

Other words of wisdom include the thankful, "I like all Russian women. I think Russian women are the most talented and the most beautiful."
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 27 January 2017 11:38:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No matter what Trump does he will go down in
history. The only hope lies in the political
constraints that Congress and the Courts can
place on him. Hopefully, before too long
Mr Trump will realise
that he's not running a TV show but a country.
Perhaps his daughter should tell him. He might
listen to her.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 27 January 2017 12:23:10 PM
I really can't believe some of you people.

The choice was between a proven criminal, & complete failure, & a successful businessman.

Trump is doing exactly what he promised he'd do. He is actually dumping thousands of useless bureaucrats, & so far has done nothing that is not good for the average yank.

Thank god for Trump & Brexit. Now lets get rid of our waffler, & get someone who can do the same here. Go Pauline, just keep it simple love, & don't try to expand too fast.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 27 January 2017 1:04:47 PM
Good to have a civil discussion with you Paul, I am not the enemy, rather the messenger.

So by your own admission, the staff gets paid an extra 20c (gross) on Sunday, yet the owner is paid 20c less. Doesn't make sense in any fair minded arrangement.

I would also suggest the guru who came up with the 20cents, simply took the time it takes to make a coffee and divided it into the hourly rate.

The trouble is many so called gurus have never set foot outside their office, because if they did they would realise that in order to make a coffee, one first needs to order the ingredients, unload same and store when the arrive, that's after checking the order, turn the ingredients into the coffee, clean the machine, service the machine, the list goes on.

The real cost of that $3.50 coffee is more like one dollar, because after all, 32 cents is Gst.

At the end of the day wages and conditions are about fairness, and for one party to be paid double on a Sunday, (staff) while the other pay that extra (boss) is simply unfair..

As for a barristor working for $21 per hour, I suggest very few 'good ones' work for that, but then most good ones run their own show.

But this is not about wages, its about cash money and why it is paid and so long as big brother holds the stick, little will change and this is because business owners risk their houses in many cases and will do what ever it required to save them, even if this means breaking the law.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 27 January 2017 1:06:01 PM
." get someone who can do the same here. Go Pauline.."
Hope you don't mean trade barriers to China to stop it dumping cheap coal and iron ore in Oz. Then again, it could refill the open-cut mine canyons to be sent back at a profit. A wall is OK for sharks , stingers crocs and kiwis.
Posted by nicknamenick, Friday, 27 January 2017 1:23:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy