The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oh what a beautiful morning

Oh what a beautiful morning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 15
  14. 16
  15. 17
  16. All
Let me get this right Paul.

You think US workers should give up their jobs to China, so we can export a bit more iron ore & coal to China. Now that is taking demands a bit far.

I knew the greens were crazy, but I thought you were against our coal exports. Talk about muddled thinking trying to support the unsupportable.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 11 November 2016 11:18:10 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The topic: "Oh what a beautiful morning..."

For how many?

When Mr Donald Trump was elected I saw people looking depressed and say they wanted to go out for a drink, like a bottle of gin... or others wanting to pop out a bottle of champagne and congratulate Mr Trump on his magnificent win.

For these Australians though, (who no doubt drank into the night).... what about others?

It wasn't a 'beautiful morning' for many other people. For example there are currently about 50 dictatorships in place worldwide and living in these countries is nothing short of horrid.

Expressions of shock, views on lack of democracy in the U.S, seeing Hillary Clinton supporters in tears or attitudes of happiness in terms of a Trump election, I would encourage these people to calm down and look at the outcome in terms of worldwide life and reality.

Finally, in terms of the U.S election result, I'm certainly not going to be turning to alcohol or be partying on into the night.
Posted by NathanJ, Friday, 11 November 2016 11:18:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Paul & Steele,

Den pirazi. Don't worry too much, this too will pass.

Áspri iméra ke ya mas. There will be better days, even for us.

As Drumpf stuffs up, again and again, what do you think of the chances for Michelle Obama in 2020 ?

Live in hope :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 11 November 2016 2:40:51 PM
Don't bet on it for them Loudmouth. The Green/Left blob has been like a Tsunami, destroying everything in it's path. Fortunately in the end all things evil run out of steam, & the western world's political Tsunami is past its zenith, & on the wane. Soon it will be just a nasty memory, like Hitler or Stalin, but of considerably less importance.

Just one thing. Could you please tell me why those who dislike the British & other European monarchies seems to want to generate political monarchies.

Why on earth would one want another Obama, surely one was bad enough, Particularly when the US has barely avoided a second Clinton?

Why did they have 2 Bushes? While the first one was a good idea at the time, a second was going a bit far.

Then it was only assassins bullets that prevented a Kennedy dynasty taking over the US.

North Korea have done it among more than a few European republics, Why
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 11 November 2016 3:56:05 PM
Dear Loudmouth,

Sure there is plenty to be worried about not only because the man is an egomaniac but because he scares the hell out of my very conservative, evangelical christian father-in-law. Why? Because as a German growing up under Hitler he says the similarities are terrifying. I keep trying to dismiss his fears but the man is quite adamant.

But being an optimistic sort of a bloke I can see a raft of things being helped by Trump. For instance he may well be going to kill of the EPA but the Chinese use three times the amount of energy per unit of production than the US. Every bit of manufacturing returned to American soil is going to help the environment tremendously. Further there will not be too many union leaders unhappy with jobs returning through tariff protection.

And it will be interesting to see if another Liberal ever again accuses those against a free trade deal with China of being xenophobia.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 11 November 2016 4:51:01 PM
' Because as a German growing up under Hitler he says the similarities are terrifying. I keep trying to dismiss his fears but the man is quite adamant.'

relax Steelie planned parenthood with funding from Obama and Hilary acted far more like Hitler than Trump will. Just take a look at how Hilary's violent supporters are reacting to democracy.
Posted by runner, Friday, 11 November 2016 5:06:14 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...