The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oh what a beautiful morning

Oh what a beautiful morning

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. ...
  14. 15
  15. 16
  16. 17
  17. All
Ah here we go, more fake rightwingers saying this was a victory of the right over the left. It was no such thing. This was a victory for a powerful anti-establishment sentiment and its impact on the Democratic vote. Trump got less votes than Romney and McCain even though the population of the US has risen in that period. It was less about support for Trump but rather the lack of support for Hillary, deemed by the people who counted, as too tied to the establishment.

It is laughable watching pseudo-right try and claim it as their own when it patently was not.

Dear Paul,

Here's the thing mate, you viewed the video and it resonated with you but perhaps you left it at that. From it you might have gotten the impression that Moore favoured Trump over Hillary, someone he said he would never vote for because of her support for the Gulf war. The opposite is true.

What the Trump supporter who put it together failed to do was to include Moore's words 'and it will feel good for a day, perhaps a week, possibly a month'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b81BRhZOqAQ

Moore went on to urge people to get out and mobilise for Hillary, far more in fear of a Trump presidency than support for a Hillary one and I think he was spot on.

For all his rhetoric about the establishment Trump has announced Newt Gingritch as the person in charge of the transition in place of Christy. Further Rudy Giuliani is likely to be the new AG. It would be difficult to think of more establishment figures than those two.

For the record I agree with you and think Trump is a bad, dangerous, lying, corrupt, arrogant man with very few redeeming qualities who will undoubtedly shaft those who put him into the presidency. I would love to be proved wrong for all our sake.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 12 November 2016 1:28:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Surely you are not endorsing that charlaton/scaremonger Michael Moore are you steelie. Move on the gw hoax is just that. Next you will be endorsing Al Gore's fantasies. The people have woken up albeit vey slowly. Coal is not the evil product that the hypocrites have made it out to be.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 12 November 2016 1:35:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
weird election result, Trump 19800k Clinton 21700k roughly from
memory but Trump wins. Of course we can get a result like that with
preferential voting.
As far as I know they vote first past the post but then this electoral
college gets in the act. Does it have preferential voting ?
Is this what Trump said was unfair ?

Still thems the rules.
Did these rules get set before the telegraph came into widespread use ?
I see they vote on Tuesday because market day was Wednesday in towns
and it was too far to go in one day to vote. So weekends was out.
Posted by Bazz, Saturday, 12 November 2016 3:34:15 PM
Hi Bazz,

It was much closer than that, a couple of hundred thousand out of nearly a hundred million.

Not that it actually matters. Each state has a number of electoral college votes, set before the election, but (when you think about it) nobody can predict how many people will NOT vote in a particular state. So whoever gets the most votes in a state, takes all of the electoral college votes for that state. Sort of first past the post.

So it really doesn't matter what the final vote count is, electoral college votes are all that matter.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 12 November 2016 5:57:55 PM
Steely, trying to rationalise away what you don't like is just another way of lying to yourself.

You will never wake up while you tell yourself porkies. The right won the senate, the house & the presidency. You can prattle on for ever, but the fact is they hold all the rains, & Clinton's survival as a free woman will depend on them being magnanimous.

You may be right in as much as Trump is not a rabid right, but there is no doubt, the rabid left have been thrown out.

There is also a question of why. Perhaps it is no longer right & left, but ratbag green & the rest. Like Labor here, the Democrats have been captured by the ratbag green element, who have become ever more demanding in exchange for their support.

Acquiescing to these demands have lead these parties so far astray, that the country & many citizens are suffering. It is this that has given the result, & is likely to destroy both parties if they don't wake up damn quickly.

I said in another topic that Labors vote buying was becoming counter productive. In a growing number of areas buying ratbag votes costs more in lost normal votes that it wins. Time for a clean out of the crooks & the ratbags.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 12 November 2016 6:24:33 PM
Hi Hasbeen,

There is no (serious) left in American, are you saying Hillary Clinton is a Bolshevik, then again given your world view you probably think Dick Smith is also a Bolshevik.

Hi Steele,

You are spot on as always, like my partner who is far more radical than me, she sees/hopes for some good to come out of all this, the eternal optimists, I am somewhat more pessimistic, read too much history I suppose.

Change the subject, seen our favorite Island Band last night, at least they haven't changed, good as ever.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 13 November 2016 7:28:31 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13