The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Oh what a beautiful morning

Oh what a beautiful morning

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All
Oh, what a beautiful mornin',
Oh, what a beautiful day.
I got a beautiful feelin'
Ev'erything's goin' our way.

Brexit, done.
Trump, done.
Pauline, done, but with more to come.
Merkel, out next.

Then Turnbull & the global warming fraud to go.

Oh what a beautiful morning
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 9 November 2016 11:23:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It is very wrong of us to gloat but perhaps just this once!
Posted by JBowyer, Thursday, 10 November 2016 7:58:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well guys there is certainly part of me that if feeling a little chuffed.

Many may have held their noses while doing it but the Yanks have delivered a victory for the citizen over the customer.

Here in Australia we have the ruling elites hell bent on creating our own manufacturing rust belts, signing us up for the TTP and free trade deals with China of all places, and handing out over a million 457 visas. All the while we have a leader who holds Caymen Island bank accounts and was a former merchant banker telling us how good the changes will be for the economy. Note not for the people but the 'economy'.

We can only hope that our major parties get the message without the populace having to take the country to the edge with a Trump clone.

My hope is the profits of the big corporations are not at the forefront of our decision making any longer. That globalisation and trickle down economics are given the boot.

The only tragedy is that it has fallen to an egomaniac like Trump to 'drain the swamp'. If he hadn't been screwed by the DNC we may well have had a Sanders doing it instead. Beggars can't be choosers.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 10 November 2016 8:42:39 AM
hopefully the regressives will all move to Canada or Saudi Arabia. A number of the celebrities threatened to leave if Trump won but I suspect like Hilary they could not lie straight in bed.
Posted by runner, Thursday, 10 November 2016 9:00:09 AM
Hi Steele,

I'm slowly getting over the impulse to slash my wrists, but that might come back around January 20.

Your comment about Drumpf draining the swamp: yes, Clinton was far more representative of that swamp, the lobbying, wheeling and dealing, scratching each others' backs, etc., but also the padding of public service positions in a bloated bureaucracy. Members of that vast class would have overwhelmingly voted for Clinton. They are probably commiserating over their kale smoothies and no-fat goat-cheese flat whites, all along the Beltway.

Hmmmm, I wonder which class they would correspond to in Australia, and who THEY would vote for, against the majority ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 10 November 2016 9:12:51 AM
Don't worry Joe.
The revolution is coming
faster than we think.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Thursday, 10 November 2016 12:03:22 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
  8. 16
  9. 17
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy