The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Deradicalise Islamists? Phooey!

Deradicalise Islamists? Phooey!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All
Another two Muslim teenagers intent on jihad nabbed by Victorian police, and the top cops are still chuntering on about 'deradicalisation' and the need for other Muslims to dob them in.

The Koran should be required reading for police, particular for their leaders, like A/C Burn, who is 'apparently' in charge of the anti-terror group. Deradicalisation in the face of the Islamic threat is pure fantasy and a complete and ignorant cop-out.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 14 October 2016 10:59:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes, rather than 'deradicalisation' de-islamization might be more useful, although there's probably not much chance of that occurring either.
All we can hope is that members of our security agencies aren't as naive as they appear to be. PC prevents them from admitting that the Muslim community is an inexhaustible supply of wannabe jihadis.
Posted by mac, Friday, 14 October 2016 3:06:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yes mac and we should deport all those damn Scotsmen and Irishmen: unAustralian the lot of them and look at the trouble they've caused in their own countries! You can't even understand them when they start jabbering away in that lingo of theirs!

Then we can start on the Poms! They're just waiting for a chance to rebuild that empire of theirs you know! They're never forgiven Australia for voting on becoming a republic, we shouldn't allow people to vote for things!

Seriously though, when was the last time you fellas were bothered to exercise that teeny bit of soggy stuff between your ears?
Posted by Craig Minns, Friday, 14 October 2016 3:18:46 PM
Craig Minns,

You're, ineptly, attempting a strawman argument, the issue is about a dangerous and totalitarian ideology. Defend Islam, if you can, and we'll see how much you really know about the ideology.
Posted by mac, Friday, 14 October 2016 3:29:41 PM
Actually mac, it's called reductio ad absurdum, although I must say it's hard to reduce something to an even greater absurdity than you lot seem to produce without even trying.

I have no need to defend Islam. I have several Muslim friends, I've shared my home with Muslim people and I would do so any time. Without exception they've been lovely, easygoing people without any axes to grind.

What a shame I can't say the same about you miserable buggers. Get yourself a life mac, it's obvious you've wasted the one you've had if you're so bloody desperate to play dog in the manger.
Posted by Craig Minns, Friday, 14 October 2016 3:36:14 PM
we have seen fundamentalist global warmers with egg all over their face but still digging in which shows that ideology is extremley difficult to change. Such statements as all religions are equal or Islam is peace just reveal the total ignorance of those making those statements. What they often mean is we hate Christianity and as such will allow ourselves to be total irrational.
Posted by runner, Friday, 14 October 2016 3:44:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. 16
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy