The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Muslims Who Support Sharia Law In Australia Be Deported?

Should Muslims Who Support Sharia Law In Australia Be Deported?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39
  13. All
//Should Muslims Who Support Sharia Law In Australia Be Deported?//

Only if we're going to be consistent and deport Australian Jews that support Halacha (Jewish law) and the existence of Australian beth dins:

http://www.bethdin.org.au/

Otherwise we're just singling out a particular faith for persecution - and we all know how that ends up...

//It's hard for me to say I oppose secularism runner because I do believe in freedom and liberty for all people.//

Well clearly that is not the case. Your nose is growing, Armchair Critic.

//We think we're being 'Australian' by giving a 'fair go' but we bring upon ourselves that which can destroy the country we know.//

If we were to abandon our Western principles of liberty, equality and fraternity, then it would be us who are destroying the country we know. If we allow the terrorists to drive us into barbarism, then the terrorists win. The idea is to NOT let the terrorists win.

//Coming here to live isn't a right, it's a privilege.//

And what about the citizens who were born here that you disagree with? Do we kick them out as well? When should I expect a knock on my door from the Australian Exile Authority?

//England, France, Germany, Are they now not complete write-offs of the countries they once were?//

No, they are not. Germany, the United Kingdom and France are the 4th, 5th and 6th largest economies in the world respectively. They are all first world countries with an extremely high standard of living. They are also free and democratic nations with low crime rates. By any reasonable metric, they cannot be considered 'complete write-offs'.

//In some ways we are still the lucky country, we're mostly still got a chance but we're headed in the wrong direction. //

Only if we let jumped-up proto-fascists like you take the helm.

//By secularism you meant multiculturalism hey?//

No, he means secularism. Runner is quite clear in his views that he thinks Australia would be better as Christian theocracy than a liberal democracy.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 16 July 2016 7:30:36 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am not concerned about Australia ever even looking like having Sharia Law.
I am not a paranoid, racist bigot, like so many on this forum. I don't scare easily, and any mad terrorist is not going to make me change one thing in my life.

If we can all learn something from France, it is that we shouldn't single out one racial group/religion for persecution, because it obviously doesn't turn out well...
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 16 July 2016 7:49:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps, in self-defence of the inhabitants of this continent, everyone should be deported who supports a legal system whereby others are ordered how to live their life (including the one we currently have). Why single out only Islam and its Shariah?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Saturday, 16 July 2016 8:06:16 PM
"....Otherwise we're just singling out a particular faith for persecution - and we all know how that ends up.."

but is it a faith (in the religious sense) or a political movement that is opposed to our own broad political beliefs?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 16 July 2016 8:08:30 PM
Armchair Critic.

"I'm a little dumbfounded at the girls honestly.
Whilst not saying they support sharia law, they haven't really shown any opposition to it.
Its hard for me to make sense of that."

What are you on about?

You and the other hysterical fellas here are jumping at shadows.

As Suse said:

"I am not concerned about Australia ever even looking like having Sharia Law.
I am not a paranoid, racist bigot.."

Sums it up well.

We "girls" apparently don't have the same talent for irrational fear-driven sentiment.

Is there a course we can take to rev up our paranoia?

Good post, Toni Lavis.
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 16 July 2016 8:12:48 PM
As I said before Armchair the women you refer to are totally indoctrinated and incapable of thinking. There support of the butchering of babies is the same as Islamic teaching. They put on a brave face and yet are dumb enough to ask questions as to why we have so many innocents slaughtered. They share Obama's lies that Islam is a religion of peace. Regressive are very deceptive with language. I wonder how many of the regressive in Germany cheered the mass illegal immigration only to have daughters molested a few weeks later. Ignorance is bliss to them.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 16 July 2016 8:13:20 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 37
  11. 38
  12. 39