The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should illegal immigrants have an easier path to citizenship?

Should illegal immigrants have an easier path to citizenship?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Illegal immigrants should be expelled at their
own expense with the proviso that they can apply
for legal migration after a period of approx. 5 years
of absence - and having passed all the health, character,
language, no criminal record tests, et cetera,
they could then be accepted
as legal migrants into the country with the privileges
of new settlers.

I do not believe in putting them either in jail or
deportation at the taxpayer's expense.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 5 April 2016 4:53:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Australian citizenship in 2016 isn't worth the paper it is written on. What is being Australian today except that of being just a number on a passport. In Sydney the so-called citizens can hardly even understand what each other is saying. And only minority groups share a common culture and history. These differences are so strong in Australia today that they preclude a true intrinsic concept of citizenship from existing. The only ones who are really keen on banging the citizen drum today are the politicians and business leaders who need to prop up the disaster that is multiculturalism in order to sustain the politico-economic system that lines their pockets.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 5:49:48 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOL: Refugees and asylum seekers should have an easier path to citizenship.

If you want 'em Suze, you personally look after & be responsible for them. Yair right!

They should be shipped right back to whence they came. Post haste.

Armmchair: Who's more important? Australian citizens,

Of course we are. Look after your own first.

Foxy: Illegal immigrants should be expelled at their own expense with the proviso that they can apply for legal migration after a period of approx. 5 years of absence.

Sounds good. Knocked back if they are moslems though.

Foxy: I do not believe in putting them either in jail or deportation at the taxpayer's expense.

That's right. That would be more expense on the Australian Taxpayer.

Mr O: the disaster that is multiculturalism.

The very first sensible thing you have uttered.
Posted by Jayb, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 9:17:04 AM
This all dances around the civil rights problem.
First the government has a legal obligation to its citizens.
The government has not established what the optimal population is for Australia.
It has been done for Egypt; 40 million if certain upstream dams are not built.
So why can't we do it here ?

Brussels police report that 50 ISIS supporters work at their airport.
How many work at Sydney's airport ?
Being an occasional user, three times a year or so I would truely like to know.
Does that make me a racist Foxy ?
Oh I forgot, Islam is a religion not a race.

Should we have a list of occupations that are banned for moslems ?
If so should we just ban moslems and be damned ?

So, messy isn't it, so if we decide we should ban moslems from
certain occupations, should that ultimately lead to the conclusion
that if they cannot be trusted we should not allow their immigration any way ?

To sum up, no, immigration should be more restrictive not less.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 11:38:57 AM
Dear Mr. Opinion,

"Australian citizenship in 2016 isn't worth the paper it is written on."

Australian citizenship (plus a small fee) gives you a passport that allows you to travel freely around the world. While otherwise useless, you must admit that not many other passports, including your beloved Chinese one, can facilitate such free travel through practically all countries.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 12:19:29 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

I'm not referring to those pragmatic aspects. I'm talking about the concept of citizenship. It's the idea that one is a member of a polity which is shared by other members who advocate a commonality of person and category vis-a-vis those who are held to be outsiders and foreigners. (Dear all, please let me know if any of this social theory is hurting your brain).
Posted by Mr Opinion, Wednesday, 6 April 2016 2:49:50 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy