The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should illegal immigrants have an easier path to citizenship?

Should illegal immigrants have an easier path to citizenship?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Mr O: Now, what else do you know outside of engineering?

Just about everything. I have an insatiable curiosity. That's why I have a huge library with only 4 Novels. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Zen, The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance & the Sequel Lila & another I can't think off at the moment. There would be over Technical 2000 books on just about every subject imaginable.

That's why I can't get anyone to play Trivial Pursuit with me. Oh, Sport, know nuthin'.

You only really need a Degree to brag to others. I know an Emminent Academic who can't tie his own shoelaces. If his wife died he'd starve to death.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 9 April 2016 1:33:49 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
mr O: when describing the Arts such as history, archaeology, anthropology, sociology, classics, modern languages.

Airy Fairy, Arty Farty Subjects. Nothing of any real importance in the scheme of things. Subjects you play with when you haven't got a real job.

When it comes to history, something I was really good at in School. The Social Studies Book 1 @ 2. Grade 8. My dads photo was in them, Twice. The part on the History of the Burdekin was all wrong. We used to remark on it. My Grandparents were Pioneers in the District. Arriving on the 10 May 1910 from Ravenswood when the Gold petered out. Seven of my Uncles were the first settlers in Giru under the supervision of their wives after being let out of Jail. It was amazing what was wrong. Yet they were the answers we were required to give. So much for Academics with Degrees in History. I have always wondered what else was wrong in those books.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 9 April 2016 1:47:29 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Jayb,

People don't do Arts with the aim of getting a job. It's not like the trades subjects where the singular purpose is to be trained for a job. That's why we call degrees in engineering, law, architecture, medicine, etc., vocational degrees.

People do Arts simply because it's fascinating. Everyone wants to know about themselves: where they came from, what they're doing here, why things have happened, why are there so many different cultures, etc, etc. How many people on The Forum do you see who want to talk about what they do at work? B-O-R-I-N-G-!
Posted by Mr Opinion, Saturday, 9 April 2016 2:13:28 PM
Mr O: People don't do Arts with the aim of getting a job.

Hmmm.... What the General Public call dole Bludgers, Lefties & Greenie types. Thank you for clearing that up.

These are the people that are what's known as "Permanent Students." No real Aim in life, just study at the Taxpayers expense. Up to 70 odd years old, never had a job, just went to UNI, Did ARTS, very educated. Yes, I know the type. We see 'em at every Student Demonstration, breaking down doors, desecrating offices, assaulting policemen & others, chaining themselves to trees. Then crying they're hard done by.

God, you're so easy. I love you.
Posted by Jayb, Saturday, 9 April 2016 9:04:23 PM
Dear Jayb,

I was faced with the choice of doing an Arts degree or remaining an ignorant unknowledgeable engineer throughout my life. I chose to do Arts and have never looked back. I've collected three Arts degrees and hope to add one more to the list. All while working as a self-employed engineer.

Most of the Arts grads I've met in my life are all workers and live very everyday lives. I don't know where you get this idea that Arts grads are running amok trying to turn the world on its head. I think you should try getting out more often and stop listening to the distorted views of knucklehead engineers.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Sunday, 10 April 2016 6:51:59 AM
Come on Mr Opinion, people do arts degrees when they are not capable of doing anything else.

They then go & get a "job" as a paper pusher in the public service.
Posted by Hasbeen, Sunday, 10 April 2016 12:07:31 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy