The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should religion be taught in public schools?

Should religion be taught in public schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11
  13. All
Dear Nathan,

Kindly re-read my post on page 1.
You'll find that you have not understood
what I was saying. We are not in dis-agreement.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 10:43:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Bazz

it was and still is the idiotic athiest whose dogma is that 'all religions are equal ' 'all cultures are equal' who have created the situation in London, France, Germany and anywhere else where 'the religion of peace gets a foothold. To ignore that hospitals were largely built by Christians, schools introduced by Christians and people lived in harmony due to Christian teachings is ignorance and foolhardy. As soon as the Christophobes had bibles removed from schools, prayers banned and perversion promoted we opened the door to such nonsense.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 11:12:21 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
runner "and people lived in harmony due to Christian teachings"

I suppose you think that your attitude to those who disagree with your worldview and beliefs is an example of that harmony.

It would be funny if it was not so sad.

R0bert
Posted by R0bert, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 11:51:23 AM
R0bert

yep typical, attack the messenger because you can't win the arguement.
You would qualify for a job at the abc.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 12:04:41 PM
I have a read a lot of the posts on this topic and what they don't seem to accept is that there are people with a range of different beliefs and religions out there - not just Christianity.

For example some local libraries have introduced a "Living Library" system - it's a special event, compared to what some may see as boring old books - http://www.lianza.org.nz/resources/promote-libraries/living-library . You get to speak to the people themselves.

I went vegetarian as part of high school project, so I think it is important to get the message out there, that people with different lifestyles do exist. Isn't this what school is about - learning?

Should we have a philosophy subject with religious leaders attending at public schools?

People can change for the better. After all you spend a lot of time at school.
Posted by NathanJ, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 12:10:46 PM
Nathan.
Philosophy is the opposite of religion, there's no such thing as "religious philosophy", and no, that's not what schools are supposed to be teaching, the fact that so much of the curriculum is taken up with pseudo religious BS already is a big part of the reason many parents are sending their kids to TAFE or VET type courses as soon as they're old enough.
Posted by Jay Of Melbourne, Tuesday, 17 June 2014 12:32:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. 11