The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should religion be taught in public schools?

Should religion be taught in public schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
On this topic since reading, I agree with the points recently raised by Yuyutsu, who asked if we had teachers who could teach religion properly as a basic subject. I think this also applies to some other subjects and also provides a spectrum for many subjects that do not exist in principle - and this is at the expense of students.

I would say this requires much further in depth work by the Federal Government in terms of University reform and teaching in terms of students learning to be a teacher, re a new subject.

However, I do believe we can have people directly from a religious or spiritual group come into a public school and talk to the students of a classroom - and add to the element of that classroom - alongside a teacher, with set standards.

I don't think we should be fearful of people just because they may be of a religious group and having them speak in a public school - after all they are part of our public life.
Posted by NathanJ, Sunday, 22 June 2014 10:19:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nat

Since Tony chirstan is in power, and just to add..(10 out 10 for the pope demonizing the mob)...since all humans are religious.....quoting the jumbo in the room:)....

Gezzz its hard at the top.

Kat
Posted by ORIGINS OF MAN, Monday, 23 June 2014 4:56:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'No religious instruction currently given in schools cost the Government one cent. It costs the RE instructor alone and his / her supporters [taxpayers]. '

Yes Josephus but with the moral relativism dogma of the Greens/secularist lying is ok. Another dogma they share with Islam when it suites their cause.
Posted by runner, Monday, 23 June 2014 6:01:56 PM
Runner...wash your mouth out with soap.....:)

Kat
Posted by ORIGINS OF MAN, Monday, 23 June 2014 6:38:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy