The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should religion be taught in public schools?

Should religion be taught in public schools?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Shadow Minister,

You seem to have no idea of the role of "School Chaplains" under the current arrangements.

The full title is "National School Chaplaincy and Student Welfare Program".
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 21 June 2014 5:12:33 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM I Agee with you. It was wobbles point that ALL religions should be taught in some way. I don't agree with. Fine with me in their own time, but not millions of dollars of taxpayers money on religious instruction.
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 22 June 2014 5:45:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

Sorry, I didn't read.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Sunday, 22 June 2014 9:48:38 AM
An over view of all religions ought to be taught in all schools as part of the State Curriculum as should an overview of all political parties.

Religions should not be allowed to proselytize in State schools and neither should political parties.

Political Parties are, in many ways, akin to religions and are often closely allied to particular views of a religious nature.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 22 June 2014 10:40:29 AM
Dear Is Mise,

Teachers of English and Social Studies know
how difficult and time-consuming it is to
gather information and stimulus materials
which enables them to challenge students to
explore and understand the complex social issues
which will confront them both now and in the
future. That's why it is important that this
work is done by qualified teachers trained in
the job - who have the qualifications needed
to do the work properly. To provide
thought-provoking material, accompanied by
questions that encourage comprehension and
invite reflection. Teachers who are qualified to
use strategies to even further extend the
appropriate materials in the classroom to clarify,
analyse, discuss and research the issues with
students.
Posted by Foxy, Sunday, 22 June 2014 12:21:14 PM
Posted by Paul1405, Sunday, 22 June 2014 5:45:18 AM
"I don't agree with. Fine with me in their own time, but not millions of dollars of taxpayers money on religious instruction".

No religious instruction currently given in schools cost the Government one cent. It costs the RE instructor alone and his / her supporters [taxpayers].
Posted by Josephus, Sunday, 22 June 2014 9:01:10 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy