The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Stupid road laws, how unfair is this one.

Stupid road laws, how unfair is this one.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Few are aware, myself included until recently, that if you take your ride on mower on the road OR FOOTPATH, even in the act of loading/unloading from a trailer, you are breaking the law and can be charged with an offense of operating an unregistered vehicle.

The law states (at least in QLD) that to operate a ride on mower on any part of the road, or a council regulated area, such as a footpath, you have to have a limited registration, which costs about $150 per annum.

So, what I want to know, is why are push bikes exempt, as they would outnumber rideons on our roads by millions and are involved in accidents almost on a daily basis.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 21 March 2014 1:05:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Butch I can't understand all the fuss.

Butch on his mower! LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZfVnidK050
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 21 March 2014 6:42:31 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Anybody who has tried to use a motorised skateboard, or a power assisted bicycle are aware of this law. Internal combustion mopeds under 50cc's used to not require registration.

There is a power restriction of however many watts for electric bicycles as well.

Old news, I'm afraid.

There is a charming/cloying film "straight story" however, about a gentleman undertaking a road trip on his mower. I quite liked it at the time, though I think it is set in the USA.

Rusty.
Posted by Rusty Catheter, Friday, 21 March 2014 7:51:40 PM
,,..<<..So, what I want to know, is why are push bikes exempt,..>>

So, what I want to know, is why are push mowers ARE exempt
it might have something to do with the motor..or THEM SHARP THINGS SWIRLING around under it..FIRST they came for the bikies..next they went for tHE MOWER POWERS..BUT THEY REDIRECTED THE OPPRESSION BACK TO BIKE RIDERS..

ANYHOW..ITS GOOD TO SEE the protest movement..is growning
here i came up with a SLOGAN..

so dont mow..let it grow

dont expect sanity..in times OF INSANITY

possibly the story of how you found out is..more interesting than WHETHER IT ACTUALLY HAPPEND TO YOU..if so by who..

[if councIL..YOU MUST SEE That the states
did this via the transportation act..FOR THE RAISING OF REVENUE OR INSURANCE..the law only applies to 'persons'..IN THE ACT..THERE Wil be words to the affect of 'peRSONS INCLUDE CORPORATIONS [INCLUDE IS ONE OF THEm funny law terms..and INCLUSION EXCLUDES ALL ELSE..THUS ONLY APPLIES TO 'persons/ie govt fictions CREATED/UNDER THE ACT.

anyhow if a copper did it..its an awareness campaign/
AND Your chosen..to blog about..it unpaid..thus BLAME THE LOCAL Sgt for raising it at the morning briefing..and the copper 'doing his duty'

on the other hand..if DONE BY COUNCIL OFFICER/THEY ARE DRUMMING UP PUBLIC OPINION..as that law AFFECTS THE COUNCILS Mowing the overgrown paths..and main roads wants that 'jOB'..

is this THE BEST TOPIC WE GOT?
Posted by one under god, Friday, 21 March 2014 7:54:53 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Registration was supposed to be steadied in Qld or so at least forgotten how to do Campbell Newman told us before the elction. I think he needs a good reminder at the next election.
registration is out of hand in this State.
Posted by individual, Friday, 21 March 2014 10:45:41 PM
I'm with you there Indi, it is getting outmof hand. I mean, how ridiculous can it be to expect a person to register their mower just so they can offload it from a trailer. I guess if you were going done to the local shops I could understand, but in the footpath! What's next!
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 21 March 2014 11:29:39 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy