The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Stupid road laws, how unfair is this one.

Stupid road laws, how unfair is this one.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
Don't be so damn silly wobbles, to be registered a thing has to be roadworthy. There are very few mowers that could ever get a roadworthy certificate.

Rehctub is talking about some limited form of registration, the sort of stupidity that only a council could ever come up with.
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 26 March 2014 10:58:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wobbles, in answer t your question, the shopping centre is liable for all public safety, both within, and on the grounds, of the shopping centre. But domt worry, because ultimately it's the tenants that foot the bill because apart from land tax, every bill incurred by the centre gets passed on, usually after it's been added to. That's why rents are so dear now and why small retail is buckling.

As for the lawn mower hitting someone, what happens when a push bike runs over someone. They don't have PL insurance, nor do the have rego, which carries third party insurance.

Sorry, but I think the law is ridiculous to the extreme.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 28 March 2014 3:38:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
You can tell where I live because the grass that belongs to the council, along the "footpath" is never cut unless they do it.
I don't own the land so I don't have any responsibility to cut the grass.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 28 March 2014 8:47:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy