The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What does Australia Do when the oil runs low

What does Australia Do when the oil runs low

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Jayb, the OECD requires all member countries to hold in tanks reserves
of three months consumption. Australia ignores that & holds a minimum.
The NRMA report shows how much we hold, about three weeks from terminal
to service station to car tanks. The refineries when open held another
three days.
Posted by Bazz, Tuesday, 4 March 2014 10:11:37 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Treasury’s last Inter-generational Report contains, hidden away on page 91, a simple stunning statement: Australia’s oil will be gone by 2020. The timing could not be worse. By 2020 Peak Oil is likely to have rendered oil imports precarious and costly. And without oil, modern civilisation doesn’t work.
Posted by Robert LePage, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 8:43:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that would be too early Robert.
Possibly enough for emergency services provided of course that there is
at least one refinery operating. The BP refinery in WA, may not be closed.
The remainder could be reserved for plastics and medical purposes.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 11:09:29 AM
`its worth pointing out/there are many fakers out there
[I FOLLOWED The youtube link..but that werNT..THE JOE
this is the 'real joe'..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoHhD8VnVek
anyhow im more into magnetic moters..ie just using magnets
AND GO TO WATCH JOE PLAYING WITH Magnets..[i did favorite the proper JOE CELL UNDER IONEUNDERGOD..[sorry ioneundergod]..or 1undergod1..and a few other variants of 1undergod..before giving up vidio watching..to begin blogging.

the FLUID FROM THE JOE CELL DOES MUCH [FROM NEUTRALIZING RADIATION]
to powEring a bog standard..mazda..to set speed records..anyhow im over it[but pro hart had two cars running on it[i think a wreckers in the broke hill dun it...but pro would have enjoyed the proving of it by doing it himself.

SORRY I JUST GOT VISIONS..OF ALL THEM HORSES
WHEN THE FUTURE IS MORE ELECTRIC scooters...and electricle assist bies..[scooters]..to zip between transportation centers...buT ASSIST BIKES CANT TRAVEL.
Posted by one under god, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 11:55:39 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'afternoon to you BAZZ...

You know my friend you paint a truly awful picture concerning the future of our oil reserves and future supplies ?

From what you say, we here in Oz could conceivably run short of our basic fuel requirements in just a few short years or so ? My question to you, secure in the knowledge that you'll be unable to answer of course, what are our elected politicians doing about it ?

Given this global oil shortage is a catastrophic event just waiting to happen, why on earth aren't our politicians instituting some rudimentary forward planning now ? Perhaps introducing some elementary quota system, in order to accommodate this imminent shortage while we're still in a position to plan correspondingly ? At least, we should be developing urgent stratagems so we can guarantee fuel supplies for all our defence needs, together with adequate supplies for our emergency services ? To me, this is just basic stuff, I reckon !
Posted by o sung wu, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 4:48:39 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Well Osung Wu, there is a Federal plan to control fuel supplies in an
emergency, I have a copy here somewhere, but there is no rationing plan
already prepared. The plan enables the government to seize all supplies
and have them released how ever the minister decides.
I enquired whether there was a NSW state plan to control the public at
service stations and or allocate particular service station for
emergency vehicles and allocate Police to control access at service
stations where fuel was available.

Nothing, absolutely nothing.
I asked about fuel for food distribution and again nothing.

I was told quite clearly that it is a Federal matter.
Even if there was a riot at a service station as has happened previously.
Well yes they could call for police.

So I can affirm that there is absolutely no forward planning.
I have raised the matter with two Federal politicians and the NSW
Premier, but the uniform reply is that no problem is expected in the forseeable future.

I guess that phrase is an all purpose get out clause.
Posted by Bazz, Wednesday, 5 March 2014 5:38:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy