The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What does Australia Do when the oil runs low

What does Australia Do when the oil runs low

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All
What Happens to Australia when world oil reserves run low ?

If I was in control of a Huge oil reserve would I sell it all
this is the case with a few middle eastern countries that atm are developing nuclear power, Me I would save the rest for my own country
Where does this leave Australia, We need A future Plan and start Planning and developing it now
Posted by Aussieboy, Sunday, 2 March 2014 10:40:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
when fuel runs out buy a joe fuel cell..[or make one]
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=JOE+FUEL+CELL+BYRON&ie=utf-8&o

the only modification you need make to the motor..is retard the trimming 15 degrees..THIS IS BECAUSE Uniquely joe gas HH2..IMPLODES..RATHER THAT EXPLODES..THE FUEL.
Posted by one under god, Monday, 3 March 2014 4:38:03 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Teach people horsemanship, breed more horses and use coal fired locomotives.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 March 2014 6:51:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Sorry Is Mise, that just won't work. Even as a horse lover, & breeder, I would not wish that on our cities. Have you read anything about the problems of horses fertilising our much smaller cities at the start of the auto era? With the number of horses you would require to supply a modern large city, you would need tens of thousands more just to get the manure out of them.

Still you don't have to worry Aussieboy, we have quite a bit of petroleum under central Queensland & the southern barrier reef, which I'm sure we will harvest some day, when required,

We also have huge reserves of oil & gas bearing shale, just waiting for fracking, enough to give us a century or more transport fuel, & supply the chemical industry with feed stock.

We have plenty of coal & uranium for electricity production, & if the stuff ever really hits the fan, we could get another century of transport fuel, by liquefying some of that coal. Germany ran a pretty successful war machine, powering their things with liquefied coal fuel.

Oz is in a very comfortable position regarding fuel supplies, provided we don't beggar ourselves mucking around with wind & solar tomfoolery
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 3 March 2014 8:25:29 PM
There are the Stirling Hot Air engines that will run on any source of heat, but not on Parliamentary Hot Air as the temperature never reaches an optimum level, possibly due to low energy levels at the source.

Stirling engines can use tallow and other animal fats as lubricants.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stirling_engine
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 March 2014 8:32:42 PM
Hasbeen,

I see the horse as supplementary rather than a prime source, I still use one in preference to a motor bike or a quad, especially for hunting; so much quieter and the depth of water in the rivers never affects the performance.

Not, mind you, that I'd be really sorry to see Sydney disappear under horse manure!
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 3 March 2014 8:40:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy