The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > SA's Two-Day Heat-Wave

SA's Two-Day Heat-Wave

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
In today's Australian, page 3, it was reported that Adelaide had just had a heat-wave of ten days forty degrees in a row, 'almost a record': one more day over forty and it would have equalled the old 1906 record.

God knows where they get their information from: only the last two days, Feb 1 & 2, have been over forty degrees in the last two weeks. On Friday, the Adelaide temperature reached just under forty, 37.7 or so. On Thursday last, it reached 35 or 36. Wednesday was a nice day of 32-33. Monday and Tuesday last week were hot, around 35-36, but the Australia Day weekend was quite pleasant, around 30-32. And the previous week, all of it, was quite mild.

That eleven-day heart-wave record has stood since about 1906. And it still stands.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 3 February 2014 2:54:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Who cares about facts - if you say it enough times, people will believe it to be true: this tactic is called 'global warning'.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 3 February 2014 5:34:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu,

1. It is Joe.
2. It is the Australian so unlikely to be leading the 'Global Warning' charge.
3. No links were provided, either for the article or Joe's 'rebuttal'.

Yet you quickly jump on the bandwagon. What gives? You normally tend to be slightly more circumspect.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 3 February 2014 6:19:19 PM
Dear SteeleRedux,

Rebuttal? I totally agree with Joe!

My reference to those who don't care about facts was to the global warmists, not to Joe.

As for a link, here it is: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/station.jsp?lt=site&lc=23090&list=ds&of=of_a&ot=ot_a&mm=01&yyyy=2014&sub=go
Posted by Yuyutsu, Monday, 3 February 2014 6:28:36 PM
Dear Yuyutsu,

I'm fully aware of your stance on Global Warming. The bandwagon was accepting the ridiculous.

So you agree that a story in today's Australian reported “Adelaide had just had a heat-wave of ten days forty degrees in a row”

Really? You didn't stop to think the story may have reported something like the number of days over 40 since the start of the year for instance?

You just decided to agree.

Even if the report read exactly as Joe stated it do you really think it is part of some sort of conspiracy? From a Murdoch paper?

Okay. Free world.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 3 February 2014 7:06:09 PM
Okeydoke:

Page 5 (not page 3: ah, the memory, it's shot after thirty): headline: "City hits ten days of 40s on the run". Longest stretch of post-40 days since 1906.

B. of M. maximums from Friday, Jan 24 to Feb 2:

Fri 27.5
Sat 27.1
Sun 34
Mon 39.1
Tue 43 (yeah, waiting for the bus, that was HOT)
Wed 31.3
Thur 36.7
Fri 37.6
Sat 43.4 (bloody hot)
Sun 44.7 (sweat dripping down your neck, fecking hot, drinking anything liquid, even water, hot)

Today barely 30 - beeooooooodiful !

There was a longer stretch of post-100 days in 1940, and probably in 2009, I haven't looked it up.

1906 - yeah, there was a hell of a lot of global warming back then in SA.

Tell you what though, 43 and 44.7 are bloody hot, it's all you can think about: 'where's that fecking cool change ?' Not a breath of wind until 2 am (or maybe later, my red wine ran out about then). It didn't get below 30 last night until 6 am this morning.

Just another thought: I was driving around today, after a lousy night's sleep, and kept veering out of my lane - do hot nights of lousy sleep have similar effects to being pissed ? It certainly seemed so.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 3 February 2014 8:12:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy