The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. 18
  14. All
Shadow Minister,

Was that a good guess or did you time yourself?

Spot on for the Catholic version but a bit quick for the Anglican.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 24 January 2014 7:10:07 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise "As a medical professional what is your opinion of the spontaneous regeneration of the nerves in Traynor's right arm?"

Yes, I have seen many unexplained medical happenings in my time Is Mise (if, in fact, the telling of Traynor's story is true at all), but have often found that in the end, it was someone trying to pull the wool over someone else's eyes!

Sorry Is Mise, but I have seen it happen so much that I am now a confirmed cynic : )

There is a lot to be gained for the clergy to keep their hold over the worshipping masses by throwing out a story here and there of an amazing 'miracle' or two, to keep the masses under their spell.
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 24 January 2014 10:14:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
IM,

I went to a church school with the result that I am an atheist and know lots more about religion than I need to.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 24 January 2014 12:02:28 PM
Suse,

Traynor's story is true all right; that's one of the reasons why the British Government kept paying him a full disability pension while heaving and carrying sacks of coal.

Have you ever seen nerves spontaneously regenerate?

Have you seen someone in the final stages of tuberculosis make an almost instant recovery?

But perhaps you can give me a reference to some reading that disproves all these claims of miraculous cures?

How about you, Paul?
You reckon Bernadette only imagined what she claimed to have seen, could you give me some reference to scholarly refutations?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 24 January 2014 11:16:13 PM
Is Mise, maybe these people did have an unexplained recovery, but as I said, I have seen this happen before, when no "praying" was involved.

How on earth can anyone at all prove that an invisible being in the sky, that has never been seen, actually 'cured' anyone?

Sorry Is Mise, you won't ever convince me otherwise.
I have worked in the medical industry far too long to believe any of that rubbish.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 25 January 2014 12:48:14 AM
Suse,

No doubt about it, these people did have an unexplained recovery and I don't doubt that you have also seen such recoveries, but have you ever seen or heard of nerve regeneration in a few minutes or of a similar recovery from the advanced stages of tuberculosis?

The cures at Lourdes are all well documented and have been exhaustively investigated and any health professional is able to view the files.

Have you managed to find any creditable refutation or explanation of these happenings?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 January 2014 8:57:54 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
  7. 12
  8. 13
  9. Page 14
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17