The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. 16
  14. 17
  15. 18
  16. All
It is an important issue.
Prayer is a totally unjustifiable wast of time.
67 people cured at Lourdes that have not been tested by medical science.
What sort of God would "cure" people in one particular place on earth
The millions starving Africa would be a better place to start curing people.
Therefore there is not a single reason to even remotely claim that prayers are anything of use and should not be used and supported by public funds
Posted by ponde, Thursday, 23 January 2014 7:47:45 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ponde,

Religion is an extremely powerful tool and can be used to brainwash people to think and act in abnormal ways. I'm sure Bernadette Soubirous firmly and steadfastly believed she saw these apparitions, and I am equally convinced she saw nothing. I think these apparitions were hallucinations brought on by her mind through the brainwashing she was receiving as a child from the Catholic Church.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 23 January 2014 10:04:58 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise "To get back to the Greens pursuing unimportant issues, do you think that they should pursue other forms of prayer on which the Government spends taxpayers' money?"

A silly question Is Mise.
Religion and politics should not be mixed at all.
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 23 January 2014 10:13:46 AM
Suse,

In the context of politics the pursuit of "unimportant" issues is important, parliament should debate all manner of things. Naturally the ramifications of some issues for society are of greater impotence than others. Parliament is the only forum we have where elected representatives can make not only laws on our behalf, but also open the way for public debate on on broad range of social and moral issues.
I think in recent years both Labor and certainly the Conservatives, have both failed to use parliament to facilitate debate on issues. There has be far to much debate on the narrow issues of the economy, although important, and little debate of broader social issues of society. The Greens as a progressive party are duty bound to raise social issues, and not allow only non-representative pressure groups to make all the running on these important matters.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 23 January 2014 11:07:33 AM
"Prayer is a totally unjustifiable wast of time.
67 people cured at Lourdes that have not been tested by medical science."

Ponde,

You didn't read about Lourdes or you would not make the ridiculous claim that the miracles have not been tested by medical science, they have been exhaustively tested by medical science because, if for no other reason, whoever cracks the scientific reason for the occurrences will have it made, both in fame and fortune.

Can you prove that some of the cures are not the answer to prayers?
Can you give me any references to any scholarly/scientific refutations?
Because I can't find any and I've looked hard.

Suse,

The question may or may not be ridiculous but you chose not to answer it.
Surely if reciting the Lord's Prayer in Parliament by the paid representatives of the people is a waste of time and taxpayers' money then all other forms of public prayer in which they engage whilst on the payroll should also be banned.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 23 January 2014 1:10:41 PM
Is Mise,
You seem to jump to far too many conclusions and need to a science course.
Can you prove that some of the cures are not the answer to prayers?
You are making the claim and extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
You have to prove that they were answered by prayers. Assuming that they were cured by divine intervention. You have not proved that it is your particular god that did it - the curing could have been done by Allah or the flying spaghetti monster living in the spring. Good luck in proving that.
No I cannot give any refutation since the miracles were not examined by neutral doctors.
Being a typical christian you have only read your side of the story - read some more - it may be uncomfortable for you.
Posted by ponde, Thursday, 23 January 2014 1:26:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 9
  7. 10
  8. 11
  9. Page 12
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15