The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

Greens - pursuing issues that no one knew existed!

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All
Suse,

You're at it again; you stated that there were no modern miracles and I gave you one from 2011.

You could say thank you for partially diminishing your ignorance pool.

How modern do you want?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 January 2014 4:41:43 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Perhaps some of our more learned posters, such as medical practicioners might tear this apart (should be a good exercise):

"Yvonne FOURNIER

Born inJanuary, 1923.

Cured on 19.8.1945, in her 23rd. year. Miracle on 14.11.1959, by Cardinal Maurice Feltin, Archbishop of Paris.

This young lady sustained an accident at work in January 1940, when she was 17 years old. The whole upper left arm was pulled violently downwards when it became entangled in a driving belt. During the following 5 1/2 years an extensive and progressive traumatic syndrome set in, with virtually intolerable pain, oedema, and trophic lesions in the affected arm, rendering it practically useless. Nine operations were carried out, the majority of which dealt with the stellate ganglion and the sympathetic chain. Professor Leriche and Dr. Clovis Vincent were the surgeons, particularly capable in this area. Improvement in function was not achieved, except for some temporary and slight relief. About three years after the accident, a tribunal granted her-a 70 % pension. This rate was the same as for an amputated limb. Miss Y. FOURNIER joined the National Pilgrimage in 1945, the first after the war of 1939. On 19th. August, after a Bath, she felt her left arm come back to normal, with freedom from pain and movement, and power restored. She was examined by the medical team of the National Pilgrimage, with Prof. Salmon in 1945, and with Prof. Thiebaut recognised the cure of Yvonne FOURNIER as medically inexplicable... but at that stage nothing more was done. Ten years later, in 1956, her cure was the subject of a paper published by Prof. Salmon. Brought out of obscurity where it had lain since the cure, it was submitted to the scrutiny of the International Medical Committee in 1959. On the report of Prof. Thiebaut, the Committee approved the results as being in keeping with former ones, with the advantage of ten years' hindsight, stating:

"The cure of Miss Yvonne FOURNIER was instantaneous and definitive. Moreover, it is medically inexplicable".

http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_apparitions/approved_apparitions/lourdes/miracles3.html#fournier
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 January 2014 5:04:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Let's get back to the OP's topic.

Why would the acting Greens leader Richard Di Natale stop at getting rid of the Lord's Prayer, surely there is fertile ground among all the other activities that Parliamentarians take part in of a religious nature whilst on the public payroll?

How about State funerals, most often of a religious nature and involving public prayer?

Or all those crosses, often a form of prayer, that the taxpayer pays for?

Consistency is what we need not just headline grabbing.

But being consistent might exhaust the limited amount of intestinal fortitude available.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/heaven-help-those-trying-to-scrap-lords-prayer-in-parliament-20140117-310mr.html#ixzz2rONHLfGH
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 January 2014 6:28:56 PM
Is Mise, whenever you hear of someone making an unexplained recovery, like the one you mentioned above, how do you KNOW a god caused it?

Is Mise, I have no problems with anyone praying to their god out loud at State funerals, I just don't want them doing it in parliament.
One expects people to pray out loud at funerals, but NOT at their workplace, such as when working as politicians in Parliament.

Imagine if you are in the bank and the tellers all suddenly start chanting some prayer loudly? Most people would be annoyed waiting to be served while the tellers wasted their time at work.
I see no difference between that and the chanting of the Lord's Prayer at Parliament.
It's time to move on from that ancient old ritual.
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 25 January 2014 6:58:17 PM
Suse,

"Is Mise, whenever you hear of someone making an unexplained recovery, like the one you mentioned above, how do you KNOW a god caused it?"

I don't and never said that I did; but I wonder why no one is exploring these cures, as I said before, there is fame and fortune for anyone that cracks the mystery.

If it's not a mystery but mere Catholic trickery then why no expose, are the Catholic Church's propagandists so smart?

I have been accused of reading only one side of the story, I'd dearly love to read the refutations.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 25 January 2014 7:16:27 PM
What refutations Is Mise?
The doctors involved have said they can't explain why certain medical recoveries happen.

They didn't say they thought gods cured them did they?
If any of them did, how would they scientifically prove that?

If you don't think your god miraculously cured these people because they prayed to him/her, then what are you on about?
Posted by Suseonline, Saturday, 25 January 2014 7:31:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. 15
  9. Page 16
  10. 17
  11. 18
  12. All