The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Perhaps it's time to protect OUR JOBS.

Perhaps it's time to protect OUR JOBS.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All
I have touched on this in another thread, but with our jobs market looking shaky , my question is, do we put a stop to 457's and force employers to train our own people, or do we just sit back and watch our world implode.

My thoughts are that perhaps it's time to protect OUR JOBS, for our people.

What are your thoughts.
Posted by rehctub, Friday, 13 December 2013 7:53:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am usually not big on govt regulation but I think there should be stronger requirements/incentives for employers to develop and/or recognize local talent.

I think the number of unemployed is much larger than the official figures would suggest and *generally* employers are spoilt for choice.

The feed back that I am getting from friends and associates is that employers are acting arrogantly: not notifying candidates of outcomes; refusing to give post interview feedback; making snap decisions on the basis of superficialities.

It's human nature, when you get a large number of candidates chasing a much smaller number of jobs you get an arms race where requirement are ratcheted-up --often unnecessarily. I have myself --and I haven't been looking -- seen ridiculous things like a sandwich hand needing to have the minimum of an Arts degree.
Posted by SPQR, Saturday, 14 December 2013 12:04:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
rehctub,
if we do away withe 457 Visa from whom do you then expect anyone to learn anything about work ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 14 December 2013 12:07:00 PM
there is more to life than working for..money
trickled out by capitalists..many..were called..few were chosen
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=6040#178238

the harvest is heavy
the workers few

look like the/boss must help..out
if we cant figure out a workable..work-life balance

3 days shall you work
4 days shall you rest

all..the best..will return..once govt takes back..
GOVT CONTROL//over..money supply..not the money/cjhanger..at the fed

tax income..not wage
[its NOT..the same thing]
Posted by one under god, Saturday, 14 December 2013 12:59:04 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
unions protecting their obscene wages have created much of the mess. The 457 system however should be wound back as companies have used it get cheap labour and put Aussies out of work.
Posted by runner, Saturday, 14 December 2013 1:14:50 PM
Runner,
As have senior under performing management on obscene salaries.
I suspect all parties are to blame and this is where we need leaders with vision and ability to turn the country around. Going back to past practices will not work. Today's world is very different to that of just a few years ago.
We desperately need forward thinking people not the hacks currently occupying the seats in Canberra.
Oz has changed for all time, we need a new approach not some warmed over thinking from the past.
SD
Posted by Shaggy Dog, Saturday, 14 December 2013 2:14:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy