The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Palmer not happy

Palmer not happy

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Weather you like him or not he says what he thinks and has the cash to back it up. This comment say heaps about the unethical and immoral AEC system that we have had to put up with for years.
Clive Palmer is definitely "Not Happy"

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/-/latest/18911559/recount-no-good-result-is-rigged-palmer/

I have just had been ridiculed by the AEC over missing votes.

There are about 13000 people living in the Torres Straits and I can only find about 3000 votes recorded. When I asked the AEC they said "give us your name and phone number and we'll get back to you.
When, next election?"
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 13 September 2013 7:12:15 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not so hard to believe.

The AEC found 1,000 "missing votes" in Indi which were "all" for Cathy McGowan....she is now set to beat Mirabella.

If they hadn't been recovered, Mirabella would have retained the seat by a narrow margin.
Posted by Poirot, Friday, 13 September 2013 11:00:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
chrisgaff1000,
13,000 ? Where does that figure come from ? The Strait is heavy Labor I know but 13 thousand ? I suppose that includes the many TSI living on the mainland.
I have heard of polling booths always being run by teachers & going by the tactics & educational standard over there I wouldn't be at all surprised if the numbers didn't add up.
The Strait has been Labor for many years as a result of funding being provided faster than it can be wasted & gobbled up by consultants & bureaucrats. It literally is a goldmine for them.
Posted by individual, Friday, 13 September 2013 11:22:35 PM
Does Big Clive actually have any evidence of electoral corruption or is this just sour grapes because he lost?

Cheers,

Tony
Posted by Tony Lavis, Friday, 13 September 2013 11:39:04 PM
individual,
You are quite correct about Labor domination and I am surprised to hear your understanding of how voting is run in the island communities.
The Teachers union is the dominant force being far left wing and social intimidation is the tool most used by them to bring about the result they need.
They know all the kids and through them the families and it is very to offer inducements and hold out unfounded fears as truth to the locals.
I feel that this election was even more biased since Labor and the Union had their workers all fitted out in blood red uniforms with matching caps and lots of innuendo about Torres Strait becoming a separate nation apart from the Australian Aboriginal collective.
As far as the figures are concerned most islanders who come to the mainland (Townsville, Happy Valley) do not change their registered address.
They believe that it would be a loss of traditional tie to their heritage. The figures reflect these numbers and the reasonable possibility that a lot of them did not vote at all.
If the voting was run by the teachers (union) then that might account for the missing votes.
Clive Palmer is quite correct when he calls for a full review of the voting process in Australia.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Saturday, 14 September 2013 7:06:09 AM
chrisgaff1000,
That reminds me of listening outside a classroom in one of the communities prior to the Goss Government election. The principal who is now fairly high up in the system, was urging the children, quote "you must tell your parents to vote Labor" unquote. This he repeated a number of times.
I have no difficulty in believing this is an on-going tactic.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 14 September 2013 11:24:04 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy