The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Palmer not happy

Palmer not happy

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Pauline Hanson was thousands of first preference votes ahead of two other candidates ultimately elected at the last NSW Legislative Council election.

Not hundreds, thousands. Yet still didn't get elected.
(Nationals had 7540 less, the Greens 15470 less).

She claimed an informer said at least 1200 votes for her were sorted as "blank" ballots.
Even just those extra votes would have gotten her elected.

Considering how progressive-left bias has rotted every other institution, would we really be surprised to find anti-right-wing electoral corruption?
Posted by Shockadelic, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 3:25:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shockadelic,
Didn't you know that the Australian Electoral Commission is the controlling body of our democracy. It is not subject to the conventions and norms of democratic process. The AEC's job is to get the result our hidden masters want.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Tuesday, 17 September 2013 8:16:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I just spoke with an indigenous teacher & was told that white teachers encouraged indecisive voters to vote informal by placing empty ballot papers in the box. Now if that doesn't offer a good opportunity for an ALP biased scrutineer then I give up now. This teacher was convinced that MANY indigenous voted informal. I would be very interested to see the figures for informal votes in the seat of Leichhhardt.
Posted by individual, Friday, 20 September 2013 7:01:48 AM
individual,
If you actually believe a left wing communist inspired, nepotistic, self serving indigenous teacher working in the Torres Islands or the northern communities then you'll believe in Noel Pearson and his brothers revival movement and fairies at the bottom of the garden.
Informal for LEICHHARDT 5.43
http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-17496-168.htm
Informal for NORTH SYDNEY 5.43
http://vtr.aec.gov.au/HouseDivisionFirstPrefs-17496-137.htm
It seem that argument is blown out of the water when the informal in the communities is the same as that in the posh suburbs.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Friday, 20 September 2013 8:02:36 AM
Indi, the seat of Leichhhardt was easily won by Enisch for the LNP with a 90% turnout and about 5% informal, Enisch ended up about 10,000 in front. Compare that with Katters seat of Kennedy which also had a 90% turnout and a %5 informal Katter won with a margin of 3,000. No difference except the margin. Nothing out of the ordinary.

"She (Hanson) claimed an informer said at least 1200 votes for her were sorted as "blank" ballots.
Even just those extra votes would have gotten her elected."
Where were her scrutineers, what about the Court of Disputed Returns. I have scrutineered many times and I find the officer in charge and his helpers always to be fair and honest Hanson has been rejected time and again by the people, they can't stomach her or her parties extremest policies. When is she going to stop trying to con the voters and forget about pocketing the cash and get back to her fish n' chip shop where she belongs.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 20 September 2013 8:27:39 AM
the informal in the communities is the same as that in the posh suburbs.
chrisgaff1000,
Well, I did say that this teacher said that there were MANY informal votes so where did they show up ? Entsch apparently did lose some votes, could they be those informals miraculously morphed into Labor votes ?
Posted by individual, Friday, 20 September 2013 8:41:32 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy