The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Had any trouble posting?

Had any trouble posting?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Dear sonofgloin,

I writhe at your feet in an agony of self-abasement. That was meant for the thread, "We must stop defending Islam."

However, this thread is "Had any trouble posting?" so it's an example of my trouble in posting.

In Greek mythology The Fates (Moirae) were the spinners of the thread of life and the personification of destiny. There were three Fates in Greek mythology: Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. Clotho, the spinner, was the youngest of the three Fates; she spun the thread of destiny with a distaff, determining the time of birth of an individual; Lachesis measured the thread length to determine the length of life; finally, cruel Atropos cut the thread of life, determining this way the time of death.

There is also David f who adds to the wrong thread.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 8 August 2013 2:47:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SOG I fell for Latham, he was a fraud.
He had the best personal page I ever read from a politician, I watched and read it daily.
Held the highest of hopes for him had his first parliamentary speech framed on my wall.
He in a small part saw the ALP power brokers for what they are.
But long before his head on with his own personality he was proved by his actions to be a waste of the air he continues to breath.
Davidf you by default, by ignoring the mathematics of politics, and the unloved truth about the greens.
Vote for a Liberal Government.
Do the Maths.
Gentlemen if Kevin wins against the storm of self interest, that very win will see my party emerge as a true reform party and Kevin as the statesman he is.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 8 August 2013 6:22:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

I fully accept the truth about the Greens. They are unloved because they want people to think and question the mainstream parties. Many people hate to think and regard questioning authority as sinful.

If you want to call someone who was bounced from the office of prime minister because those who knew him could not stand him a statesman you can do so. Kevin Rudd is a voice from the past. He would break down what separation of state and church we have by his chaplaincy program which subjects little children in school to the primitive ministrations of fundamentalist chaplains from Scripture Union. I think it better to encourage children to think critically. Those children are our future, and they have a right to a good education rather than primitive mumbojumbo. Rudd so little understands the limitations of water and other natural resources in Australia that he talks of a 'big' Australia. He races Tony Abbott to the bottom in getting tough with asylum seekers. That creature is a statesman? My vote is not determined by the mathematics of people who are for or against something. It is determined by what I think is right, my hopes and my fears. I shall put both Labor and LNP well down on my ballot. Since I am more afraid of what the Libs will do than what Labor will do I will preference Labor above the Libs. However, Rudd a statesman? That's the funniest thing I've heard today, but it's still morning.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 8 August 2013 9:05:36 AM
Dear Belly,

You keep telling me that the Greens are unloved. Why should any political party be loved? I have never loved any political party. It is not sensible to love any party. The only good reason I see to vote for any political party is that it is the one you prefer at the time for what it is expected to do. One can love nature, mathematics, a person or many other things. However, I would question love for a political party of any sort. Is your life so barren that the only object of love you can find is a political party?
Posted by david f, Thursday, 8 August 2013 12:08:45 PM
Dear Belly,

I'm sorry for snapping at you.
Posted by david f, Thursday, 8 August 2013 3:07:19 PM
Davidf you get both persone land in truth a bit rude with me there.
OK but is your link to the greens a passion.
Do you see in them a chance to make this country better?
If so you ill understand, f not admit,my passion for Labor, not as it is, not as the last 3 years saw it.
And Dave not as the NSW FILTH painted it.
Unlike your self I understand no arty is perfect, but call constantly and loudly,for mine to be better.
And again unlike you, I understand what others think of us, and ,sometimes even agree.
Dave aim your barbs at me, but know my words about the greens are for the most, AUSTRALIA,S.
And kid your self, but the only party that can stand against Abbott is Labor warts and all.
Greens/Katter/Palmer/One nation are passengers gaining power only on the back of attempts to blackmail mainstream party,s.
And in circumventing their wishes on the majority.
Study the insanity that is the NSW upper house see the results blackmail of the elected government, winning a landslide within a landslide victory.
And being black mailed by small party,s in NSW that includes the ALP unwanted by the voters.
Dave personal views are not evidence any of us are right or wrong but mathematics are there to tell the truth.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 8 August 2013 3:22:23 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy