The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Will Turnbull knife Abbott before the election

Will Turnbull knife Abbott before the election

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
It's quite possible "if" the polls show a likely Labor win. Currently the polling has Labor now at 49.5% and the Coalition at 50.5%. Basically, neck and neck.

Labor only needs to creep marginally ahead, and stay there for a few weeks, for the Coalition to be facing yet another defeat.

In such circumstances, I bet Turnbull will knife Abbott, in order to give the opposition a fighting chance.

Abbott is effective as an "opposition" leader, but just about everyone knows he hopelessly lacks people skills and is a religious dogmatist and a non negotiator and hugely unpopular. He'd be laughable as a PM. Whereas, Turnbull possesses intelligence, can negotiate at top level, is economically literate and is popular.

Turnbull is THE man.
Posted by PJack, Friday, 28 June 2013 12:06:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I dunno about that, PJack.

In, what is perhaps the forerunner to some juicy pre-election gaffes, Tony has credited Mr Turnbull with "virtually inventing the internet in this country".

High praise, indeed!

http://www.news.com.au/national-news/tony-abbott8217s-gaffe-credits-malcolm-turnbull-for-8216inventing-the-internet8217/story-fncynjr2-1226671568832

More to follow (I hope:)
Posted by Poirot, Saturday, 29 June 2013 6:17:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep PJack Turnbull is the man who could assure a Rudd win.

He would lose a high percentage of LNP votes.

Turnbull if a favorite of Labour voters as he is a fair duplicate of Rudd in a blue shirt. He is therefore too disgusting for intelligent people to vote for.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 29 June 2013 8:09:13 PM
I agree with you pjack.
Turnbull is really the only bloke in the Coalition who could definitely win Govt for them.

Now Rudd is at the helm of Labor, Abbott's chances at the big job have plummeted.
I, for one, a happy with that....
Posted by Suseonline, Sunday, 30 June 2013 12:56:08 AM
Yes PJack I have been saying so for a long time.
Every day I see Abbott and his crew, including John Howard and his boss, Mrs Howard, chanting mindlessly I see it come closer.
This morning polls show it has just started.
IF the truth about Australia,s wanting a carbon cutting program begins to show.
Abbott clearly, will need to fear Turnbull.
For the same reason Labor changed Libs could very well see that as away of dumping mad policy,s of its puppet leader Mrs Howard,s little boy Tony.
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 30 June 2013 7:21:46 AM
For some reason Turnbull is hated by the Liberal Conservative Right but loved by the Labor Conservative Right
Posted by pelican, Sunday, 30 June 2013 12:33:04 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy