The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Waiting for the J curve

Waiting for the J curve

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15
  13. All
'All they have to do is go back to their
grass roots '

r u talking about the trade union movement Lexi? I'm sure the people of nsw would luv that.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 5 June 2013 4:33:27 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
chrisgaff1000 - what Gillard has done for woman status is about the equivalent as what Hitler did for civil rights

You should consider patenting that line & make a fortune flogging bumper stickers !!
Posted by praxidice, Wednesday, 5 June 2013 7:16:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Runner "Oh Susie I have already made complaints about Abbott. Compared with the incompetent sisterhood however it would be very hard to land a punch. "

I'm sorry Runner, but I can't remember a complaint from you about Abbott?

I've never been a fan of Gillard, but its no secret that I would prefer anyone at the helm than Abbott.

It has nothing to do with any 'sisterhood' , or the current PM's gender, because there are far more male politicians in parliament than females.

I just don't like the man...
Posted by Suseonline, Thursday, 6 June 2013 12:47:36 AM
Suseonline - I just don't like the man...

Yayyyy, we actually agree on something !!
Posted by praxidice, Thursday, 6 June 2013 6:33:20 AM
As a Green I never supported a deal with the ALP to allow them to form a minority government. I was in favour of handing Abbott power in 2010 to form a minority conservative government.
It was my belief 3 years in opposition would give Labor time to rebuild and reform, and more importantly reposition themselves politically. I was confident an incompetent minority Abbott government would, given world and domestic events, soon crash and burn, they may well get that opportunity to do so shortly.
Come September Federal Labor may find themselves in a similar position the party in NSW found itself after the disastrous 2011 state election. Given the catastrophic result one would have thought NSW Labor would have been galvanized into action of both soul searching and subsequent reform. Two years after the event NSW Labor has basically been galvanized into doing nothing, rather than being proactive NSW Labor is no more than reactive. It’s a fact The Greens offer more opposition to the O'Farrell government than does the official ALP opposition, a sad indictment of Labor. The powerful right within NSW Labor sees it as "business as usual" when it comes to wheeling and dealing, and maintaining their strangle hold on party power. Unfortunate Federal Labor may follow suit come September and this will result in the party wandering in the wilderness for years to come, assuming they survive at all.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 6 June 2013 7:28:13 AM
http://news.brisbanetimes.com.au/breaking-news-national/obeid-and-macdonald-expelled-by-labor-20130606-2nr8m.html
This link heartens me.
But is;late in coming.
Before further discussion about it lets think back.
Before NSW ALP got its *historic pasting* even ALP voters not voting for them.
I got the its not that bad Belly thing HERE!
It was and is.
The fleas mentioned above first hide behind this truth, their factions, for most of the time they held ofice, made them invulnerable!
ALP has, from its foundation, a rule if members *for any reason* cross the floor vote with the heart, that will be dis-endorsed, not have their seat.
Obeid won over a group of blind mice/thieves and worse, and headed a faction.
Those who became aware of his grubby nature dare not do other than what the maggot told them to, or get kicked out of Parliament.
Lexi yes Labor will rise again, at the hands of folk like me, not those who want to enforce the three very unwise monkeys on my party, but those who demand better.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 6 June 2013 8:05:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 13
  11. 14
  12. 15