The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child Immunization

Child Immunization

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All
It seems two reasons exist for the process being ignored by so many.
First Doctors are saying it no longer is if we will have an outbreak of a few truly awful illnesses but when.
Neglect, parents just not thinking about the kids health.
And that group, convinced the process its self harms kids, even some claim brain damage.
A third important issue has arisen, it is proposed all Children,*bar those of moral? objectors* be banned from pre school.
What do others think.
I refuse to see it as nanny state issue, and firmly, think all children be immunized unless known and proved health risks exist.
Hands up, as a child I fell in to the neglect category, mum and dad during harsh and hard times dropped the ball, Lions picked it up!thanks to them we got our shots.
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 21 May 2013 4:33:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
If you immunize your own child how can there be a health risk to your child?

It is none of your business what other parents do with their children.
There are many valid concerns about immunizing children and not you or some politician has a right to force another person to inject a poison into their child's body!

And given the reputation of pharmaceutical companies in this day and age, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could kick you with a broken leg, standing on crutches and having arthritic hips!
Posted by RawMustard, Tuesday, 21 May 2013 11:29:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"""
even some claim brain damage.

as a child I fell in to the neglect category, mum and dad during harsh and hard times dropped the ball, Lions picked it up!thanks to them we got our shots.
"""

Explains everything!
Posted by RawMustard, Tuesday, 21 May 2013 11:33:14 PM
Dear Belly,

<<it is proposed all Children,*bar those of moral? objectors* be banned from pre school.>>

This is inaccurate: it is proposed that specific pre-schools that so wish may bar non-immunised children.

I have no problem with that - as far as I am concerned, pre-schools (as well as any other voluntary institute) should be able to select whatever children they wish, setting whatever conditions of entry they wish, for whatever reason or even for no reason at all, including immunisation if that's their cup of tea.

Parents who are not happy about it may send their kids to a different pre-school or even start their own.

The state has no right under any circumstance to force immunisation on anyone, but in the case of serious health risk to the community it has a right to ban those who are not immunised from public places.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 21 May 2013 11:43:32 PM
Raw Mustard, there is no need to get so personal with Belly.
He has a right to his own opinions, as have you, however misguided your opinions are.

Yuyitsu is correct.

No one has the right to force immunization on anyone else's kids, however there are many children too young to be immunized yet, or too sick for other reasons to be immunized yet.

The parents of these non-immunized children have the right to be separated from the very real likelihood of contracting communicable diseases from the 'conscientious objectors' children too.

Let the un-immunized kids have their own schools.

I am very pro immunization admittedly, having personally cared for people with polio, whooping cough and the brain disease associated with measles. Mumps in young boys and men can, and still does, cause infertility.

I challenge anyone to hold a violently coughing and vomiting newborn baby, that's gasping for breathe, and goes on for months, not to be upset at the parents for deliberately not immunizing their older child that brought the infection into the house.

Ignorance is bliss...right up until it happens to your child because of your choices.
Posted by Suseonline, Wednesday, 22 May 2013 12:43:33 AM
Thanks Susionline, but as it is RM has little to be concerned about, in time he/she may develop an intellect, even understand being hot stuff is related to childish behavior.
Y you are a bright bloke, so you should know this subject has many, on every side.
Some parents, linked maybe to a now rejected Medical report, from a now challenged series of Doctors, fear the process.
And too, some parents fear after their children have been immunized, close contact with those who have not.
Thousands of web pages exist on this subject.
My mentioned exposure, 62 years ago, was to Polio.
What ever the reason, and surely we know many exist, kids should be given every protection.
Whooping Coff, is becoming a child killer and endemic from now till mid spring.
Others will know far more than me about the threats,I in no way, want to include *RACIAL PROFILING* in this thread.
But we are seeing rebirth of once beaten, or we thought so, illnesses.
Maybe we need more education targeting these folk but not just them.
A separate but far more concerning issue , despite others views, is how do we handle parenting that exposes immunized kids to those who for any reason, have not been.
These diseases can mutate and exposure may see those thought to be protected at risk.
Last yet again, I hope those posters wanting to link race or creed, to this problem UNDERSTAND education and awareness in my view not race is at fault.
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 22 May 2013 4:55:02 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy