The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child Immunization

Child Immunization

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
It is amazing that anyone could consider a vaccine to be a 'poison', when it is only a vehicle to introduce an innocuous form of something which already exists in the environment, purely to stimulate the body's immune system to recognize these as 'foreign' and 'dangerous', and thereby strengthen our body's ability to detect and fight off what might otherwise become severe and potentially fatal infections. They strengthen 'the Temple' against the ravages of invasion by foreign and unwanted organisms - and all Temples require repair and restoration occasionally, to preserve and protect them from the ravages of 'the elements'.
Do our bodies deserve less care?

Of course, not everyone is equally susceptible - just as 'the Black Plague' did not kill everyone, nor Typhoid, Yellow Fever, Diphtheria, etc - but very many have died from contracting such infections.
Some people may also become 'carriers' - like 'Typhoid Mary' - who may be asymptomatic, showing no signs of infection, but who may nonetheless unknowingly infect very many others, with potentially devastating consequences amongst the 'non-vaccinated'.

We routinely vaccinate our pets and livestock, and we ought be aware of the potential consequences of not doing so - parvo-virus and distemper in dogs, tetanus and strangles in horses, black-leg, pulpy-kidney and leptospirosis in cattle, etc. And, those who maintain livestock are well aware of the hazard presented by a neighbour who fails to vaccinate his stock.
Unfortunately, vaccines are not yet available for many threats. Still the work goes on, for the consequences of not doing so could be dire.
Do our children deserve less care for their well-being?

Vaccines have been, and continue to be immensely successful in limiting the incidence and the impacts of very many dangerous infections, and, with our available antibiotics becoming increasingly less-effective, the development and application of effective vaccines is becoming increasingly important. Vaccines also remain our only effective weapon against viral infections.
The non-vaccinated are, unfortunately, an unnecessary risk to all.
Posted by Saltpetre, Friday, 24 May 2013 4:07:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
In NSW at least Television adds continue to try to get all vaccinated.
And despite many views I think they act on behalf of most of us.
Examples of what some would think is child neglect exist.
Even child deaths, because of parents making their views not the child,s, speak for kids.
Years ago after blowing two tyrs at once I entered a true alternative lifestyle , [Hippy] commune.
After welcoming me, and agreeing to sell me the wheels from an old truck, I was proudly offered a tour, a friendly one.
Under a bed children slept in, was a red belled black snake!
I was offered a sight of those kids playing with it.
That returns to me here.
RIP HAZEL
Posted by Belly, Friday, 24 May 2013 7:11:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Suse,

<<Are you suggesting it is only the Godless atheists who vaccinate their children, and you wouldn't want the unvaccinated Christian children in the same preschool as these atheist children anyway?>>

Oh, that has nothing to do with Christianity in particular or any other specific spiritual path.

Regardless of your specific path, the terrain over which the spiritual journey passes begins with inertia and ignorance, continues into wilful activities, then into peace and tranquillity, then finally transcends them all.

For most of us in the West, disciplined wilful activity towards worldly goals is an established fact and already an accomplished mode of life. Humanity has conquered many diseases, landed vehicles on Mars and is even trying to control global climate, with a remarkable success in stopping the expansion of the ozone hole.

I have no intention, God forbid, to disrupt the progress of those that still haven't reached that point, who are still working their way from the animal stage to the human stage.

Yet comes a time when one realises that wilful action is futile, that it has no answers to the fundamentals of life, when it no longer satisfies one's inherent urge to re-unite with God - then begins the next stage of the journey where wilfulness is gradually discarded and replaced with peace and tranquillity.

It is during this stage, when one learns to restrain and ultimately abstain from wilful activities that vaccinations become a problem. Not as much the chemicals (though they too become more noticeable as the aspirant's body becomes otherwise purer), but the wilfulness itself, the whole idea of trying to avert and fight germs. As opposed to the initial ignorant stage where one is unaware of germs, here one knows about germs, but accepts God's will, that if it's their time to be sick or die, then it's God's loving gift just the same.

While one is at this stage, still working their way from wilfulness into tranquillity, then yes, worldly temptations and unwholesome influence are a problem that threaten to take one backwards, so playing with worldly children can present obstacles.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 24 May 2013 12:41:29 PM
Dear Saltpetre,

<<They strengthen 'the Temple' against the ravages of invasion by foreign and unwanted organisms - and all Temples require repair and restoration occasionally, to preserve and protect them from the ravages of 'the elements'.
Do our bodies deserve less care?>>

Strengthen - Yes, Desecrate - No.

The means are at least as important as the goals.

Quoting 1 Kings, chapter 6, verse 7:

---
In building the temple, only blocks dressed at the quarry were used, and no hammer, chisel or any other iron tool was heard at the temple site while it was being built.
---

Sure Solomon could use iron tools if he wanted, it was the late bronze age, edging towards the official iron age, so they had the technology which could make the building process much easier - but Solomon understood the principle of restricting wilfulness and being humble before God.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Friday, 24 May 2013 2:19:35 PM
Y has confronting and honestly hard to follow views when talking of religion.
Seems too in this matter.
I watched a brief morning debate about this issue this morning.
Think but not sure it was the ABC news 24channel.
I found the on one hand an informed Doctor, and the other a seemingly not as well armed, campaigner for not vaccinating much like the public debate.
Those against have trouble putting a case others can grasp up.
Posted by Belly, Friday, 24 May 2013 3:14:46 PM
Jabbed - Love, Fear and Vaccines.

On SBS 1 right now, from 8.30pm.
Posted by Ludwig, Sunday, 26 May 2013 8:35:16 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy