The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Child Immunization

Child Immunization

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All
Dear Poirot,

<<Let's not get too pedantic about which "poisons" we introduce into our bodies as health measures>>

The word "introduce" usually describes a wilful act, but according to the dictionary may also mean "insert". Surely we inadvertently insert various toxins into our body, through the water we drink and the air we breath, but my concern is primarily with the active meaning of the word.

<<I know you don't particularly give credence to our "physical" form, but most of us do what we need instinctively to preserve our "physical" well-being.>>

Looking at common human behaviours I doubt that the later is exercised by 'most', but that's something for another discussion.

The way to treat our body should not be according to its own credence: it is our duty to treat our physical body as a temple, as a place of worship rather than as an object of worship. A place of worship should be kept clean, as far as we can, in order to express our reverence for the activities we perform in it.

<<Just ask the people in developing countries about the value of chemically treated water, especially if one lives in a heavily populated area and doesn't have access to pristine a environment. I think they'd prefer it to parasites and cholera.>>

There are stages of development, all valid in their own time and place:

The first, to which you allude, is the transition from inertia into wilful and active ambition.
The second is the transition from wilful activities into tranquillity.
The third is transcending the lot - inertia, activity and tranquillity.

In this thread, I plead for the rights of those in the second stage, with no intention to hinder those that are still in the first stage, who need not bother about these things. It's indeed silly for one who still regularly consumes drugs to kill the pains of fever or the dentist's drill, tuna fish sandwiches and antacid tablets (see AJ Philips above), not to mention alcohol, tobacco and illicit drugs, to be fussy and pedantic about vaccination - they are not there yet.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 23 May 2013 1:14:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Everyone has the right to keep their children safe by isolating them from the children of idiots.

Parents have the duty of care for their children. Refusal to vaccinate is child abuse.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Thursday, 23 May 2013 1:35:46 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear SM,

<<Everyone has the right to keep their children safe by isolating them from the children of idiots.>>

You are bursting in an open door - this is already the 8th page in this thread, still with not a single suggestion to the contrary.

<<Parents have the duty of care for their children. Refusal to vaccinate is child abuse.>>

Evolved souls who are in need of a pure body to match their pure spirit for the final segment(s) of their journey, choose for that purpose to be born to evolved parents who understand their special spiritual needs.

So talking about child-abuse, such evolved parents would bitterly betray their children if they allowed them to be vaccinated.

By the grace of God, such evolved parents will certainly find a way, somehow or another, to fulfil their duty and protect their children from spiritual harm, even if it costs them prison or being burnt at the stake. Perhaps they could be hiding in a cave with their children or perhaps far in the country where the authorities would simply never come to know that they were born, or perhaps they would forge false vaccination documents, but in any case you have nothing to worry about your little ones contracting germs through them, because neither the parents nor the children would be interested anyway in associating with your atheist children.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 23 May 2013 2:24:54 PM
While I can see why others will not, I agree with Shadow Minister.
And many more would, if we had a pandemic on our hands.
It is true some will always think that in doing what maybe most think is wrong, is protecting the kids, is it?
Look at the silly thought once rampart in South Africa, that aids was not transmitted by sex.
Look at the apparent death of Cholera, due to a vaccine.
We will, one day confront a pandemic such as the extreme flue deaths world wide in the early 20,s, would it, in that case be ok if governments ordered vaccination for all.
The issue has many sides I put it up for discussion because the debate has been front and center in the real word.
Both sides claiming rights, I think they important rights belong to the kids.
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 May 2013 3:25:55 PM
Dear Belly,

<<Both sides claiming rights, I think they important rights belong to the kids.>>

I agree.

Now the question is WHAT are the rights of the kids.

Should a government decree vaccination for all, an adult could at least cry: "Over my dead body, I will not be vaccinated, I will not contaminate this temple of my body" then fall on their sword or jump from a tall building, "Aaaaarrrgggghhhh".

A baby cannot even do that, it only has its parents to represent him/her and protect his/her total interests, spiritual as well as the physical.

Now if you are a Christian, think of the Baby Jesus, chased by Herod's soldiers and hidden in a manger by his parents:

Rare evolved souls come to this earth from time to time needing a human body to complete their last leg(s) of the journey as humans and to teach and bless us all. Parents must have earned lifetimes of merit to give birth to such great souls and the land where they are born is blessed.

If Australia is to ever be controlled by a cruel and oppressive atheistic regime which persecutes its saints and advanced souls who came down to lead a life of purity, because it considers us to be mere pieces of meat, then cursed be this land. Saints and sages will still be born elsewhere while this land be barren.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Thursday, 23 May 2013 5:57:48 PM
Yuyitsu, you seem to have gone off track in this thread?

Are you suggesting it is only the Godless atheists who vaccinate their children, and you wouldn't want the unvaccinated Christian children in the same preschool as these atheist children anyway?

That's an awfully un-Christian thing to suggest, surely?

If there is a God, don't you believe that he or she gave the scientists the ability, and maybe even the ideas, to produce vaccines against the dreadful diseases that this God sent down to us in the first place...?

Oh boy, now even I am going off my head...sorry, off the track!
Posted by Suseonline, Friday, 24 May 2013 1:46:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. Page 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. All