The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Productivity and the Deficit

Productivity and the Deficit

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All
Crackup – What I am suggesting is not communism as individual difference is acknowledged and accepted. I like to call it “Productivism”. The concept is based around the concept that nothing has value if it is not produced first. It accepts we are all different and allows for this difference but requires each individual to participate to some degree to get a share of the productive pie. The share would depend on the degree of participation and the contribution to productivity.

You have got yourself into a bit of a tangle over asylum seekers and in doing so are contributing to conflict. If an asylum seeker is genuinely fleeing for their life irrespective of how they get here I believe they should be given qualified sanctuary. If they are not they should be return to where they came or if it’s unsafe another destination of their choice that will accept them, that is safe. Those who stay should be given conditional visas for a significant period of time that require them to submit to Australian law and this country. Asylum seekers should be allowed to pursue their customs providing those customs does not impinge on our laws or the individual rights of any individual. This includes members of their own community. Ghettos should be discouraged and the easiest way to do this is accept them into our community and learn from them. If they breach these conditions they risk being removed from the country. If that significant time passes and they become assimilated productive Australians we should welcome them as Australians with citizenship.

I grew up with a lot of ethnic kids and without that experience I would be a lesser person. Without them this country would not be what it is today. Left alone cultures change and evolve as we learn from each other.

Cont.
Posted by Producer, Saturday, 4 May 2013 6:39:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Cont.

Crackup – Gina Rinehart has I reckon ripped more out of your wallet than the entire population of asylum seekers combined and she in the country legally. I also reckon she would be happy to use as many at a bargain price as she can get her hands on.

I look forward to the day we discover intelligent alien life. We will all at that moment become Earthlings. I only hope they discover intelligent life at the same time.
Posted by Producer, Saturday, 4 May 2013 6:40:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Oh yes it is communism Producer, & as soon as you start waffling on that someone who provides very well paid employment to thousand, like Rinehart is taking money from anyone's wallet it is envious communism.

Envy is a very ugly emotion. I'd suggest you think deeply, then give thanks to those who through their effort, foresight, & risk taking provide the opportunity of earning a very good living to so many.

Without the Rineharts of this world a great number of us would be much poorer.

We had this to each according to their needs demonstrated in Russia. It lead to collapse. China was bound for the same result, until they allowed those who earned it to prosper from their work.
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 4 May 2013 7:47:49 PM
Hasbeen – Name suits you

Communism - A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.

Nothing I have said fits this description, quite the reverse. I advocate a democratic proportional government where it is unlikely any one party could gain a majority.

If it wasn’t for the Rinehart’s of the world we would all be richer in many ways. People like her take (not produce) a disproportionate share of our productive wealth. They also take the most valuable thing we all have and that is time.

What does Rinehart do for our billions? Last time I heard she didn’t even own a mine, didn’t produce anything. Someone is producing those billions she takes and it’s not her.

A conductor can wave a baton, but without the orchestra there is no music.
Posted by Producer, Saturday, 4 May 2013 9:26:49 PM
Dear Producer,

I will stay out of the debate whether or not productivism is a form of communism. Regardless, it is evil because however implemented, some authority will need to judge others whether they are productive enough to receive anything.

Now someone like you could decide that lawyers are unproductive, another that artists are unproductive, or perhaps just certain artists because one hates their art/music, certainly sportsmen are unproductive, especially if you don't like their sport, some will claim that mathematicians are unproductive because they only deal with useless abstract objects, others that taxi-drivers are unproductive because you could take a bus, etc. etc. etc. Most importantly, too many on this forum who do not believe in religion would decree that clergymen are unproductive.

Then you say that you want to avoid conflict?

Yes, Sharing is Courageous - but only when it is unconditional.
Posted by Yuyutsu, Sunday, 5 May 2013 12:58:53 AM
Yuyutsu – After your inability to accept you are using digital technology on our old copper network in another thread I did ask myself was there any point in responding. You seem to be unable to accept anything but your own doctrine. Bit like a Jehovah’s Witness at your front door. I’m going to give it one more try!

I said previously – I believe every individual should get their fair share of this countries productive pie, but they must participate meaningfully in their community to receive it. In the process we need to ensure that the productive elements, those who create the wealth are the ones that are rewarded the most.

Yuyu – Productive or not, nobody on your list would miss out. Nobody judges them or has the ability to withdraw their share of the productive pie providing they do their bit. I repeat every person of working age in this country is entitled to a fair share of this countries productivity however should be required to do something meaningful for it, for a prescribed amount of time. Most importantly these activities should be controlled and tailored at local level, not centralised government.

Once an individual has fulfilled their commitment their time is their own to do with it what they will. The size of the productive pie is directly linked to productivity and will go up and down. So if the country was full of disproportionately over rewarded parasite professional sports persons, lawyers, politicians, bankers, advertisers, financial professionals or Gina Rinehart’s there would be no productivity and there would be no income. We would have to borrow off or sell our country to the Chinese.
Posted by Producer, Sunday, 5 May 2013 8:41:01 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy